Candy Corn Cocktail

by Robyn Wright on October 21, 2011

in Food

Candy Corn CocktailA new cocktail for you this week, the Candy Corn Cocktail. This one requires extra work on your part, but doesn’t it look and sound good? Did you know that candy corn was invented in the 1880s and that nearly 35 million pounds of candy corn are now produced each year? Cheers!

Candy Corn Cocktail
1 1/2 oz. Candy Corn-infused Russian Standard Vodka *
1/2 oz. Moscato wine (sweet dessert wine)
3/4 oz. home-made citrus peel grenadine syrup**

Add all ingredients to a cocktail shaker with ice and shake very well.  Strain into a chilled cocktail glass.

*to make candy corn-infused Russian Standard: for every 750ml bottle of Russian Standard, add in 1 cup candy corn and allow to infused in an airtight container for approx. 24 hrs.  Fine strain candy corn and re-bottle.  Store in fridge.

**to make grenadine syrup: for every 1 cup of POM wonderful pomegranate juice, dissolve 1 cup granulated sugar over stove top.  Once dissolved, add in the skins of 1 orange and 1 lemon and simmer for 10 mins.  Remove skins and chill syrup.

Disclosure: This recipe was provided by a PR firm. I haven’t tried it myself (yet), but I thought it was a great idea for the upcoming holiday. Opinions are my own.

© 2011 – 2015, Robyn Wright. All rights reserved.

1 Jeannette Laframboise October 21, 2011 at 8:24 pm

Wow, I am starting to build up quite a list of cocktails to try out from visiting your site. I am not one to drink hard liquor sort of things so these type are right up my alley. I think it might be nice to serve guests as well during the Christmas season. Thanks for another great tip!;0)

2 Robyn's Online World November 14, 2011 at 11:44 am

I’m going to try to post some cocktail recipes that aren’t quite so fancy – more everyday people cocktails J

3 Louise October 21, 2011 at 10:03 pm

I really could use one now. ;-)

4 slehan October 22, 2011 at 12:04 am

Wow, that one sounds too sweet for me.  My mouth tastes funny just reading it.

5 tannawings October 22, 2011 at 2:45 am

Candy corn is really one of my favorite candies! I would probably like this alot, but just might skip the pom and have it over ice- I dont drink much at all but this might be worth it :)

6 erinfromlongisland October 22, 2011 at 4:03 am

now THIS is a cocktail i can get behind  I’m not a big cocktail drinker, but I loooooove all ingredients in this!

7 Ravzie October 22, 2011 at 6:58 am

I would never in a million years have thought of dissolving candy corn in vodka…  but it sounds like it might be good!  Of course, the more you drink, the better it will taste anyway, LOL.

8 deadchristmastrees October 22, 2011 at 10:01 am

i really like your weekly drink recipes!  You should make it a regular thing.  Candy corn has always been my fav candies but I’ve found that candy corn flavored things are gross.  Jones soda co makes a candy corn soda that comes in cute little cans with faces on them….adorable but disgusting!  Ill have to try this out tho.  I really like the idea of infusing the candy corn into the vodka myself!

9 Robyn's Online World November 14, 2011 at 11:45 am

I have more cocktail/drink recipes that will be coming!

10 deadchristmastrees October 22, 2011 at 10:03 am

i shared this on fb so well see what all my friends have to say!

11 nik October 22, 2011 at 5:52 pm

Gives a whole new spin to candy corn! I love that you can make your own grenadine with POM…thanks!

12 Angie Marion October 22, 2011 at 10:10 pm

LOL! All of these alcoholic beverages (do you even drink?!) I barely do but this one sounds good too!

13 Robyn's Online World November 15, 2011 at 3:49 pm

Yes, I do drink J

14 simplydab October 22, 2011 at 10:52 pm

YUM!!  Make mine a double!!

15 Diana V October 22, 2011 at 11:38 pm

You lost my skill level at cocktail shaker :) Don’t think I’ll ever own one of those. But i might partake if you served me one.. he he

16 Robyn's Online World November 15, 2011 at 3:50 pm

I’m going to have some simpler cocktails coming up

17 Ravzie October 23, 2011 at 7:05 am

You can just stir briskly and then remove the ice cubes if you want.

18 Ljatwood October 24, 2011 at 10:45 am

That sounds yummy! My husband and I have tried a few new wines recently and we really like Moscato!

19 AngelaLilly November 30, 2011 at 12:07 pm

hmm I thought this would be orange and yellow…LOL…sounds very very sweet.  Not sure I would like it even if it was virgin.  However, your recipe for grenadine syrup caught my attention.  Love that!  Not just sugar water!