Halloween Ideas

by Robyn Wright on October 4, 2011

in Food

pumpkinsJust a quick recap of some of my past Halloween related posts for those of you getting ready to celebrate at the end of the month.

Happy Halloween

© 2011 – 2012, Robyn Wright. All rights reserved.

1 tannawings October 5, 2011 at 3:25 am

I love the milk jug, duct tape and foam pipe spider :) The skeleton in your Moms yard is very cool too! And if you make a plate of cupcakes.. they would be so good who cares if they look like brains:)

2 write4fun October 5, 2011 at 8:20 am

I never have tried it, but a nearby house used to drape lenghs of old audiotape in a tree, to make a giant sparkly ‘web.’  It looked so cool, when one was driving by. I always thought it was a good way to re-use and recycle some of those old tapes that might be piling up. Videotape would probably work, too. Just remove from the case and ‘roll’ with it.

3 Robyn's Online World October 9, 2011 at 3:04 pm

Ohhh – that sounds very cool!

4 nanlara October 5, 2011 at 12:36 pm

thanks for the pumpkin pattern links..i think this year he may request more than 2 eyes, a nose and a mouth!!

5 Robyn's Online World October 9, 2011 at 3:05 pm

Hey, the classic always works though!

6 nanlara October 9, 2011 at 3:07 pm

Robin- He just told me today he wants james the train as his pumpkin..carved of course

7 Robyn's Online World October 9, 2011 at 4:34 pm

What is “james the train”?

8 nanlara October 9, 2011 at 4:37 pm

he’s one of the thomas and friends characters…he’s a red train..my son’s absolute fav…pretty much impossible to carve..so if you see any train templates..please post them…i’m sure i’m gonna need the help.nanc

9 Slehan October 5, 2011 at 4:53 pm

The red velvet brain cupcakes are cute.

10 simplydab October 5, 2011 at 10:44 pm

Awesome – I’ve got this post bookmarked. Nice to have them all linked on one page :)

11 Sarah Swalboski October 6, 2011 at 1:30 pm

Hey awesome Halloween Ideas!!! With just acouple weeks before halloween I was able to get some good ideas to what I wanted to do for my Halloween party. I really like the red velvet brain cupcakes! They seem like a fun and great way to bake a dessert for all my guests :D Thank’s so much for giving me a new creative idea to serve cupcakes on halloween. I already sent you’re idea to acouple of my friends, and they think they are great. I’ll post again to let you know how it went.

12 Robyn's Online World October 9, 2011 at 3:08 pm

Glad you found the ideas helpful. Not sure if you do drinks with alcohol, but on Friday’s the next few weeks I will have a new drink each week – yummy stuff perfect for Halloween parties!

13 Jeannette Laframboise October 6, 2011 at 7:16 pm

Thank you so much for such a great list that covers just about everything you need for Halloween. My son is asking me if I will make the “Brain Cupcakes” and yes they are rather creepy…don’t know if I would want to eat them;0) My husband thanks you for the list of sites for pumpkin carvings. Sure has my son excited!

14 Robyn's Online World October 9, 2011 at 3:11 pm

So glad you all found some useful things! Happy Halloween!

15 Eileen October 7, 2011 at 10:32 am

Thanks Robyn. I went to the link for the Pumpkin Carving patterns and found some amazing ones from the link that went to the Pumpkin Lady. I have never done an intricate one yet but have done some fun ones with my kids for the past 30 years. No matter how old you get, I love carving and never missed a year of having one for each of my kids (6 all together:)

16 Robyn's Online World October 9, 2011 at 3:20 pm

Agreed, pumpkin carving is fun no matter what age!

17 deadchristmastrees October 7, 2011 at 5:57 pm

This made me love your blog even more!  Can NEVER have to many Halloween projects.  And i read this just in time for the weekend!  Looks like Ill be busy:)

18 @MimiBakerMN October 13, 2011 at 10:04 pm

wow, that’s a lot of halloween posts! reminds me i need to take my boys pumpkin picking!!

19 Robyn's Online World October 15, 2011 at 6:10 pm

Our pumpkin picking lately is just going to the local produce stand. I miss going to the farms and out in the field to find just the right one.

20 nik October 23, 2011 at 4:41 pm

Thanks for the ideas and links! I love dafont…I could spend days there browsing all of their supercreative typefaces. :)

21 Dana Valle November 29, 2011 at 8:56 pm

I checked out the red velvet brain cupcakes link… they are cute. I think I could even make those!

22 AngelaLilly November 30, 2011 at 11:31 am

Halloween may be over for this year, but my hubby is already planning NEXT year!  LOL  I will be sure to share these links with him!  Thanks so much for posting!

23 Robyn's Online World October 9, 2011 at 5:07 pm

Duh – I should have remembered that! It’s been a while since my son was into Thomas.