Pumpkin Smash Cocktail

by Robyn Wright on October 7, 2011

in Food

Yes, the kiddos get to have their fun, but as adults need a few treats of our own! How about trying out this Pumpkin Smash cocktail? A little extra effort, but great if you are having a party to wow your ghouls and goblins!Pumpkin Smash Cocktail

1 ¼ Frangelico
1 ¼ oz Flor De Caña 7 year
¾ oz pumpkin puree (may use canned pumpkin)**

Dry shake, shake with 3 ice cubes and strain out into a martini glass. Garnish with sprinkle  of ground clove or nutmeg.

**Pumpkin Puree
Take one 15 oz can of Libby’s 100% pure pumpkin, add 1 tsp of ground cinnamon, 1/2 tsp of ground ginger, 1/4 tsp of ground cloves and 15 oz of simple syrup and blend it all together in a blender. Store in the fridge.

Disclosure: This recipe was provided by a PR firm. I haven’t tried it myself (yet), but I thought it was a great idea for the upcoming holiday. Opinions are my own.

© 2011 – 2015, Robyn Wright. All rights reserved.

1 Jeannette Laframboise October 7, 2011 at 7:08 pm

Is it bad that the only ingredient that I recognize is the pumpkin? Not so worldly am I. ;0)
Perhaps I will educate myself on the other ingredients and give it a try…I do love anything with pumpkin so this drink might just be something I love too!

2 Robyn's Online World October 9, 2011 at 4:01 pm

No, it’s not bad at all. I usually only get drinks like this when I am out. If I do want to make them at home I usually have to ask someone at the liquor store (or grocery store) for help in finding some of the special items. They are always super helpful.

3 StephW October 7, 2011 at 7:11 pm

hmm pumpkin in a cocktail? very new to me but sounds tasty! scg00387 at yahoo dot com

4 Diana V October 7, 2011 at 10:20 pm

Whew, thanks Jeannette I’m not the only one who just recognized pumpkin. I tend to go for the seasonal pumpkin milk shake myself… he he

5 MELISASource October 7, 2011 at 10:23 pm

I only recognized pumpkin also, but it sounds divine!

6 slehan October 7, 2011 at 10:36 pm

Frangelico is the Original Hazelnut Liqueur from Northern Italy
Flor de Caña (Spanish for “sugarcane flower”) is a brand of rum

I had to look them up.

7 deadchristmastrees October 8, 2011 at 9:17 am

i was confused so thank you!  I bet you can make an easy version of this cocktail with generic ingredients already in the liquor cabinet.   Probably save some money too!

8 Robyn's Online World October 9, 2011 at 4:02 pm

Thanks for the extra info!

9 simplydab October 7, 2011 at 10:51 pm

thanks for the recipe! :)

10 Anna Galanos October 8, 2011 at 3:12 am

Thank you for posting! This looks like the most awesome thing ever! Definitely forwarding to my friend, Molly, who LOVES all things pumpkin!
annaisabanana08[at]yahoo[dot]com

11 Robyn's Online World October 9, 2011 at 4:04 pm

Yay! I’ve got some more drink recipes coming each Friday through Halloween!

12 Ravzie October 8, 2011 at 3:59 am

I don’t know what Flor de Cana is—but it still looks really tasty!  That’s how I like celebrate the season, with a nice cocktail!

13 Robyn's Online World October 9, 2011 at 4:04 pm

You and me both!

14 deadchristmastrees October 8, 2011 at 9:02 am

When I saw this in my email in box I went to it right away!  Now I have no idea what 2 of the 3 ingredients are but pumpkin ANYTHING is delicious.

15 deadchristmastrees October 8, 2011 at 9:03 am

haha nm i just scrolled down and saw someone posted an explanation.

16 Angie Marion October 8, 2011 at 8:42 pm

Yum! This sounds good! I’ve never had Frangelico or Flor De Cana!

17 tannawings October 9, 2011 at 12:23 am

This sounds pretty darn good, but no clue what anything is besides the pumpkin :) Is it a sweet drink?

18 Robyn's Online World October 9, 2011 at 4:17 pm

Yes, this is a sweet drink

19 Shannon Sander October 9, 2011 at 8:03 pm

Oh, this sounds really good.  I will have to try this with my friend on Halloween! We were going to do hot buttered rum, but this is more in the spirit of Halloween.

20 Robyn's Online World October 15, 2011 at 5:26 pm

Let me know what you think once you’ve tried it. I have a few other Halloween cocktails coming up each Friday this month, stay tuned!

21 nik October 23, 2011 at 5:22 pm

That looks truly luscious! I’ve never tried that kind of rum but reviews say it has cinnamon, spice and vanilla notes so it’s perfect for this cocktail. Frangelico is one of my favorites…I’ve got recipes for using it in chocolate pudding, cakes and cookies that might make it to the table this season. :)
Thank you for sharing the recipe!

22 AngelaLilly November 30, 2011 at 11:32 am

mmmmmmmmmmmmm  If only I drank!  Bet my hubby would love this though…wonder if there would be anything you could do to make this virgin…like replacements for the booze?