Qdoba Mexican Gumbo

by Robyn Wright on November 3, 2011

in Food

Qdoba's Mexican Gumbo

Since Qdoba started opening stores here in the St. Louis area (they are all over the country – not just St. Louis) I have been a fan. The first time I went I ordered, upon recommendation of the staff, the naked chicken queso burrito and have been getting that same thing all this time. For some reason I decided to try something new and I am so glad I did. I highly recommend the Mexican Gumbo! They put rice and beans in the bowl, then add their tortilla soup (ask for a taste if you want to try it first), then you can pick a meat if you like (I picked chicken), then it is topped with your choices of salsa, cheese, sour cream, and tortilla strips. It is a very hardy soup and so yummy! Today it was a very rainy and blustery cold day in St. Louis and this was the perfect meal for me!

Disclosure: Nothing to disclose – I just am a Qdoba fan and wanted to share with you all.

© 2011 – 2012, Robyn Wright. All rights reserved.

1 MommyNamedApril November 3, 2011 at 3:55 pm

i keep hearing good things about qdoba, but i don’t think we have them here!  mommynamedapril (at) gmail.com

2 tmy56 November 3, 2011 at 7:09 pm

This soup sounds delicious – no Qdoba within 50 miles of me though – guess I’ll have to come to St Louis!

3 tannawings November 3, 2011 at 9:53 pm

We dont have them yet here and that looks like a perfect cold wet day meal!

4 Kecia November 3, 2011 at 10:30 pm

Wow, that looks SO good! I have only been to Qdoba once, since the nearest one is an hour away, but it was really yummy. This photo makes me want to go back…like right now…at 12:30am :P

5 marinsalem November 4, 2011 at 3:25 pm

And here I thought you were going to give us a cheat recipe.

6 Jeannette Laframboise November 4, 2011 at 7:35 pm

Now that looks and SOUNDs delicious but I live in Canada and we don’t have those stores here:0( Perhaps I can find something that compares or get brave and try to do it myself…not so sure if I am quite that adventurous…Glad you enjoyed it!!

7 slehan November 4, 2011 at 8:47 pm

I’ve never been to Qdoba but this would tempt me in.

8 deadchristmastrees November 5, 2011 at 1:40 pm

When I first saw the pic I was hoping you were posting a tasty new recipe!  Sadly there arent any Qdobas where I live so Ill just have to stare at the pic and drool…

9 Ravzie November 6, 2011 at 4:53 am

There are Qdobas around here, but I’ve never been to one.  I thought it was just another Mexican restaurant.  There are so many.  I haven’t been to Chipotle either…

Mexican and Gumbo – just sounds weird together.  Like a Cajun Burrito LOL!   Maybe worth a try!

10 Robyn's Online World November 20, 2011 at 3:37 pm

Qdoba is kind of like a Mexican version of a Panera Bread – it’s better than cheap fast food, but it’s still counter service. Chipotle is the same level as Qdoba, but I have not yet tried Chipotle either.

11 Ljatwood November 9, 2011 at 5:19 pm

That looks yummy! We have Qdoba here but I’ve never been.

12 nik November 10, 2011 at 12:51 pm

Oh, now I need to have some of their Mango Salsa and Chips!

13 jlmk223 November 22, 2011 at 8:27 pm

Nothing hits the spot on a cold day like a hot soup.

14 Robyn's Online World November 27, 2011 at 6:02 pm

agreed

15 Jimmy November 29, 2011 at 7:55 pm

We’ve had Qdobas in the area for awhile but I’ve never tried it.  I might make a stop soon because the Mexican Gumbo does sound good.

16 Dana Valle November 29, 2011 at 8:38 pm

That looks so good. All of your yummy food posts are awesome. I now want some Qdoba Mexican Gumbo!!  Seriously, I want to reach into the picture and take a tortilla chip right off the top. Yummy!
zippieee@msn.com

17 AngelaLilly November 30, 2011 at 1:10 pm

that sounds and looks amazing!  I wonder if their soup is vegetarian….hmmm

18 Tracy January 12, 2012 at 7:22 am

Ditto that, this is the BEST soup and will make me go back to Qboba just to get it!