I have a new board game to share with you today. This is the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame and Museum Official Board Game. My family and I played this recently and we rated it as a play-again game.
There were six adults playing from 30s to 60s. Everyone was able to know enough of the answers that it was fun for everyone. You have to go around the board answering questions and collecting pieces from 5 different areas. Once you are done you go to the final area to answer a final question to win the game. Nothing too complicated in actual game play at all. Now the questions have a lot of things related to jazz, blues, and other older music and musicians though since this is where rock and roll started. A few questions none of us had any idea about, but we learned as we played. My family liked that on the artist questions if the player didn’t guess correctly we went around the table and others had a chance to earn points if they knew the answer when getting more clues.
The board and box re nicely made. The question cards are a good weight also. We felt the playing pieces and dice should have been bigger though. We also found, just like with almost all board games, that the pieces don’t really fit back into the box in a specific way that keeps them neat and tidy. These things would not keep us from buying or recommending the game though.
If you have board game players and rock and roll lovers on your holiday list this year this would be a nice gift. It is recommended for ages 10+ and I would agree as far as skill in reading and playing, but they might need to be a bit older, unless huge music fans, to answer a reasonable amount of the questions. The game took us about an hour to complete. The retail price is $34.99 but I’m seeing it for about $29.99 on many sites.
BONUS: Find my post for the $25 Toys R Us Gift Card Giveaway and comment with “Rock and Roll Hall of Fame and Museum Official Board Game would make a great gift for _(fill in the blank)__” for an extra entry into the gift card giveaway.
The Giveaway: One lucky reader will win a Rock and Roll Hall of Fame and Museum Official Board Game
Required Entry: Tell me who your favorite rock and roll star of all time is.
Winners notified by mail only, so make sure I have a way of accessing your email address when you comment.
Extra Entries: The following are all extra things you can do for more entries. Leave an additional comment for each thing you do to earn extra entries.
- Subscribe my feed via email or reader and then leave a comment letting me know you have done so. If you are already a subscriber, let me know that in the comment instead. Subscribe to Robyn’s Online World
- Follow @RobynsWorld on Twitter and send a tweet about the giveaway. You can do this one time per day. Leave a direct link to your tweet (instructions here) in your comment for an extra entry for each tweet. Just click the Tweet button (or make your own)
- Share my giveaway on your own blog. Leave a comment with a direct link to the post on your blog.
- Google +1 this post. Just press the Google +1 button at the bottom of this post and then leave a comment letting me know you have done so.
- Please note that while I would appreciate it if you liked or shared on Facebook and thumbs up on StumbleUpon, those do not gain extra entries.
Rules: Only one of each entry method listed per person/family/household. No entering on behalf of others, using extra identities or others identities, no automated program entries, etc. If I catch you cheating you will be banned from this and all of my future giveaways! This giveaway is only open to those in the USA, ages 18+. All entries must be received by 11:59 pm Central Time on Monday, November 21, 2011. I will pick a winner and email them and they have 48 hours to claim the prize. If no response, I will pick a new winner. Good luck!
DISCLOSURE: I received a copy of this game to use in my review. The opinions are my own (and my family).
© 2011 – 2012, Robyn Wright. All rights reserved.