You know there never seems to be enough burners on the stovetop or room in the oven when you cook a big holiday meal like Thanksgiving. Because of that I like to utilize my slow cooker (Crockpot) when I can. Not only does it give me more cooking space, but slow cooker recipes are so easy that you can start them and just let them be for the most part. If you are short on counter space try plugging in your slow cookers in the garage, utility room, or other out of the way area. When it is time to eat just take your serving dish to the crockpot and transfer your item and take it to the table.
Hubby says corn is a must have item on Thanksgiving. His reasoning is that the Indians and Pilgrims had corn and so should we. I found this Green Giant recipe and it is the perfect fit – it is corn to satisfy Hubby, it cooks in the slow cooker, it feeds a crowd, and it is delicious! The second recipe is for a hot dip. While I know we have tons of food on the table during the Thanksgiving meal, it seems that everyone still wants things to munch on before and after the meal still. This recipe works well in a small slow cooker. Make sure you turn the setting down to warm only after it is done cooking so it doesn’t burn because of the cheese.
The Ultimate Slow Cooker Creamed Corn
Recipe by Green Giant
- 3 bags (12 oz each) Green Giant® Valley Fresh Steamers® Niblets® frozen whole kernel corn
- 4 packages (3 oz each) cream cheese, cut into cubes
- 1 cup milk
- 1/2 cup butter or margarine, melted
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Spread corn over bottom of 3- to 4-quart slow cooker. Top with cream cheese cubes. In small bowl, stir together remaining ingredients; pour over corn and cream cheese.
- Cover; cook on High heat setting 2 to 3 hours.
- Stir well before serving. Corn will hold on Low heat setting up to 2 hours; stir occasionally.
Slow Cooker Hot Artichoke and Spinach Dip
Recipe by Green Giant
- 1 box (9 oz) Green Giant® frozen spinach, thawed, squeezed to drain
- 1 can (14 oz) quartered artichoke hearts, drained, chopped
- 1/2 cup refrigerated Alfredo pasta sauce (from 10-oz container)
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 3/4 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup shredded Swiss cheese (4 oz)
- 1 loaf (20-inch length) baguette French bread, cut into 40 slices
- In 1- to 1 1/2-quart slow cooker, mix all ingredients except bread.
- Cover; cook on Low heat setting 2 to 4 hours. Serve dip with sliced bread.
The Giveaway: Five readers will each win a full value coupon for a Green Giant Valley Fresh Steamers frozen vegetable.
Required Entry: Leave a comment telling me your favorite vegetable you have on Thanksgiving
Winners notified by mail only, so make sure I have a way of accessing your email address when you comment.
Extra Entries: The following are all extra things you can do for more entries. Leave an additional comment for each thing you do to earn extra entries.
- Subscribe my feed via email and then leave a comment letting me know you have done so. If you are already a subscriber, let me know that in the comment instead. Subscribe to Robyn’s Online World
- Follow @RobynsWorld on Twitter and send a tweet about the giveaway. You can do this one time per day. Leave a direct link to your tweet (instructions here) in your comment for an extra entry for each tweet. Just click the Tweet button (or make your own)
- Share my giveaway on your own blog. Leave a comment with a direct link to the post on your blog.
- While liking and sharing on Facebook or Stumble Upon will not give you extra entries, I do appreciate it if you would like to utilize them.
Rules: Only one of each entry method listed per person/family/household. No entering on behalf of others, using extra identities or others identities, no automated program entries, etc. If I catch you cheating you will be banned from this and all of my future giveaways! This giveaway is only open to those in the USA, ages 18+. All entries must be received by 11:59 pm Central Time on Saturday, December 3, 2011. I will pick a winner and email them and they have 48 hours to claim the prize. If no response, I will pick a new winner. Good luck!
DISCLOSURE: I was a guest at a Green Giant event earlier this year and they have also supplied the coupons to me to give away. Opinions are my own. I have been a Green Giant customer for as long as I can remember. Transparency is everything!
© 2011 – 2012, Robyn Wright. All rights reserved.