The London Tea Room For Lunch With the Ladies

by Robyn Wright on November 25, 2011

in Food,St. Louis

A few weeks ago I had the pleasure of having tea with Danyelle and her daughter, the Chicklet at a place that was new to me in St. Louis, The London Tea Room. They have wonderful tea (I had chamomile) and also so delicious soup (you must try the tomato) and sandwiches. While Danyelle and I had ordered hot teas, the Chicklet had ordered iced tea and looked so disappointed when she just got a glass of tea instead of individual tea pots and a cup and saucer like her mom and I had. I quickly asked our server if she could bring one for the Chicklet and we poured her iced tea into the pot and she was able to pour and sip her tip like we did and she was so thrilled! After I snapped a picture of the Chicklet, she took some extra photos (shown below) for me to use here on my blog. Two thumbs up to The London Tea Room in St. Louis!

The ChickletThe London Tea Room in St. LouisThe London Tea Room in St. LouisThe London Tea Room in St. LouisThe London Tea Room in St. LouisThe London Tea Room in St. Louis has the best tomato soup

© 2011, Robyn Wright. All rights reserved.

1 Rosey November 25, 2011 at 8:56 pm

This does sound relaxing and fun (and I’m a total sucker for Chamomile tea).  Thanks for the neat share.

2 Camsgram10 November 25, 2011 at 9:30 pm

What a disappointment for her…..all little girls love tea parties

3 nik November 26, 2011 at 3:25 am

Looks like great fun! Mom used to take us on outings like this in Chicago once in awhile, usually a morning at a museum or our favorite store, then late lunch at a “fancy” restaurant.
As long as we were behaved…always a 50/50 gamble.  :)

4 Weeziestoy November 26, 2011 at 7:41 am

I am a hot tea drinker also….I have never been to a tea room…Thought they were all in London..will have to check around in my area to see if there are any….

5 Ravzie November 26, 2011 at 10:40 am

Awww!  Too bad you didn’t have little hats and gloves for a tea party! I love love love tea, not a coffee person at all!!!

6 terrik November 26, 2011 at 3:41 pm

Oh  how much fun!  My Mom would love to go there.  I agree with Ravzie, would have been great to see hat and gloves and I’m also more of a tea, not coffee person.

7 tmy56 November 26, 2011 at 5:48 pm

Going out for tea is a favorite of mine. Here in Rochester we love the La-Tea-Da Tea Room.

8 tannawings November 26, 2011 at 7:42 pm

I am not sure we even have a tea room here! The ‘chicklet’ has a beautiful smile :)

9 Ljatwood November 26, 2011 at 9:00 pm

How fun! That looks like a really neat place. I’m glad she got to use the teapot. :)

10 Jeannette Laframboise November 26, 2011 at 9:24 pm

Oh I really wish we had a tea room close by. When I was younger, much younger, my mother took me to one and I still remember the experience very well. They are not as common anymore that I am aware of but if I had one close by, I would be a regular. There is just something about the ambience in a tea room that makes it unique. Thanks for sharing;0)

11 Kathy November 29, 2011 at 7:10 pm

Reminds me of when I was a kid and my grandma cam to town…we ALWAYS went to eat at her favorite tea house and I had to eat these HORRID cucumber sandwiches (which I just happen to LOVE now)

12 Dana Valle November 29, 2011 at 8:08 pm

That looks super cute. My daughter is only four…but she would have been disappointed too if she wasn’t given a tea pot! The Tomato soup looks amazing. It is my favorite soup. Sounds like a great afternoon.
zippieee@msn.com

13 www.hellobutter.com November 29, 2011 at 8:36 pm

Tea rooms have the most charm! My boys used to love tea partjes,maybe we should try a tea room for fun?
6martinsnest@gmail.com

14 Velvethubler November 29, 2011 at 9:03 pm

That is so cute I will have to see if they have any places like that where I live to take my girls

15 Auriette November 29, 2011 at 10:35 pm

I don’t know if the London Tea Room was around when I lived in St. Louis (1992 to ’93). It seems like my anglophile hubby would have taken me there if it were. It sounds like a lot of fun.

16 Diane November 30, 2011 at 9:47 am

That looks like a fun place! Im not a fan of hot tea, but i do love soup!

17 Jill Watkins November 30, 2011 at 9:49 am

Its like when the Plaza Hotel in NY used to offer High Tea in the afternoons. But did they also have scones? :-)

jill.watkins (at) gmail.com

18 AngelaLilly November 30, 2011 at 2:09 pm

mmmm that soup and bread looks amazing!  I love tea and I love tea houses.  I have two that I frequent locally.  One makes the most amazing coconut chai latte I have ever had!

19 Eileen November 30, 2011 at 9:55 pm

What a unique and fun place. I know there are places like that around but I dont get out much. I had a vintage tea set of my grandmas and always thought we could have tea parties with the girls but was so scared of breaking it.  It was perched on top of a cabinet and my EX pulled a drawer and down it came into a million pieces (that is why he is my EX, lol). Now I wished we had just spent the time and bit the bullet to use it and make some memories instead of the plastic toys ones. Hindsight.