Champagne Cocktails

by Robyn Wright on December 30, 2011

in Food

With the year coming to and end I thought I would share a couple of my favorite Champagne cocktails with you. Champagne is a variety of sparkling wine from the Champagne region in France – you can use just sparkling wine in these recipes as Champagne has come synonymous with sparkling wine nowadays.

champagne cocktailClassic Champagne Cocktail

• Sugar cube
  • Bitters
  • Champagne or Sparkling Wine
  • Twist of lemon for garnish

Drop sugar cube into bottom of a chilled Champagne flute. Drop 2 to 3 dashes of bitters onto the cube. Fill with the Champagne. Garnish with the lemon twist. Cheers!

mimosaMimosa

• 1 part fresh orange juice
  • 1/2 to 1 part Champagne (as you like)

Pour ingredients into Champagne flute and enjoy! This is a favorite of mine anytime. It is a nice twist for those of you (like me) who drink screwdrivers. This is also nice for New Year’s Day Brunch!

Happy New Year!

© 2011 – 2015, Robyn Wright. All rights reserved.

1 GAHCindy December 30, 2011 at 2:06 pm

I think you mean “bitters”, not “butters”. Although, I admit, I like butter, and it sounds like the kind of thing someone ought to figure out how to include in a cocktail. ;-)

2 Robyn's Online World December 30, 2011 at 4:52 pm

LOL – yes, I did mean bitters. Thank you – just fixed it J

There are cocktails with butter in them though – like a hot buttered rum among others

3 Shannon S December 30, 2011 at 8:37 pm

This sounds so good.  I will be trying this tomorrow.  Love your drink recipes.  Keep them coming..it would be great if you could compile a list of the most popular..have a vote.

4 tannawings December 30, 2011 at 8:41 pm

Champagne is OK, but the mimosa is about the only way I have found I like it! I wish they served that instead of champagne at midnight :)

5 Eileen December 31, 2011 at 3:16 am

My daughter is big on the mimosa so we are serving for our Christmas Brunch next weekend. I found another that is so good. Xrated  mixed with Asti. Xrated is kind of a citrus redgrapefruity passionfruity vodka. Sweet. AND so pretty pink!  I dont drink but a few times a year so I savor the sweetness. I will try yours too!

ejrichter60 at gmail dot com

6 Mary Beth Hunt January 1, 2012 at 12:36 am

We went to a sparkling wine tasting recently and I learned so much about “champagne”. We bought a few bottles and are drinking some Asti Spumanti as we type!

7 Robyn's Online World January 1, 2012 at 7:16 pm

Ohhh I would love a sparkling wine tasting!

8 Pauline Milner January 1, 2012 at 1:08 pm

Thanks for the two receipes.  We are having guests in tomorrow night and I am going to try them.  Thanks for all the great posts you offer.  The information you provide is always most helpful.  ~Pauline (dod@rogers.com)

9 Robyn's Online World January 1, 2012 at 7:15 pm

You’re welcome Pauline! Happy to share!

10 nik January 1, 2012 at 9:59 pm

Mimosas…great memories of my first vacation at a real hotel right on the beach. Not an over-capacity Spring Break shack on a strip of beach narrower than a band-aid, but the kind with thick luxurious towels, soft beds and people that care about making your visit a pleasant experience. Oh, those were the days!  :)