Katy Perry and Russell Brand to Divorce

by Robyn Wright on December 30, 2011

This one makes me sad – I thought that Katy Perry and Russell Brand made a cute quirky couple. Reports are that Russell filed for divorce today citing irreconcilable differences. I hope that they are at least able to have an amiable divorce.

Katy Perry and Russell Brand Divorce

© 2011 – 2012, Robyn Wright. All rights reserved.

1 GAHCindy December 30, 2011 at 3:55 pm

Oh, dear. How will I face tomorrow, knowing that this lovely couple didn’t make it. Oh. Wait. Who? I’m so out of the loop. Who are these people?

2 Nannajordan December 30, 2011 at 4:20 pm

Sorry to hear of this news. I too hope they part ways in a good way.

3 yonawilliams December 30, 2011 at 5:48 pm

From the outside, I thought they ‘looked’ like a cute couple, but deep down inside, I always wondered about him…something seemed just a little off to me.

4 nanlara December 30, 2011 at 6:30 pm

this one surprised me too

5 Rosey December 30, 2011 at 6:44 pm

My teen may be the only person happy about (this) divorce.  He’s got a huge star crush on Kate Perry.

6 Angie Marion December 30, 2011 at 7:21 pm

This is the first I’ve heard of this but I gotta say – I am not surprised! I can’t stand that guy!

7 Joyce McDaniel December 30, 2011 at 8:12 pm

This is so sad, I watched him on TV saying till death do us part.  Why do people not go to marriage counselors and try.  It seems like the stars don’t care anymore about the real meaning of marriage

8 tannawings December 30, 2011 at 8:43 pm

I know who Kate Perry is kinda but no clue who Russell Brand is.

9 Eileen December 31, 2011 at 3:25 am

We all love Katy P here, my brother in law is SO into her. She’s a great entertainer but other than that, dont know much about her personal or love life. I cant place that guy at all but assume he is some sort of actor or musician?  Always sad to hear ANYONE who is going through  a break up/divorce. Sadder yet when they have to deal with it all being so public.

10 nik January 1, 2012 at 10:22 pm

They are cute together, but honestly I always thought this was one of those Hollywood matches put together by publicists/corporate bigwigs…the kind of match that always seems to occur right before one/both of them has a big premiere or album, then breaks up a year or two later…and not the real thing. I dunno, I suppose that’s cynical, but the pattern has become more prevalent in the last decade out in Tinsel Town. Either way, I hope 2012 brings them better brighter days.  :)

11 Angie Bailey January 4, 2012 at 8:29 am

I hate when people can’t make it and get divorced but I have to say I saw this one coming. abailey_crace at yahoo dot com