This morning Danyelle (aka @TheCubicleChick) called me from Las Vegas where she is attending CES still (see her 1st report). Some highlights of her second day to share with everyone…
- Her most impressive item she saw today was the iHome iDM5 which is a Bluetooth keyboard/dock/speaker station. You can dock your device in it to use with the keyboard and listen to the music on your device at the same time and it even has USB charging ports on it. This sounds very cool – I (Robyn) have always been a fan of iHome products.
- She also was impressed with Geopalz which are fun looking pedometers for kids where they can earn points towards prizes and awards you set up for them based on how many steps they take. This is a great way to get our kids moving!
- She attended the Clever Girls Collective party which was hosted by the fabulous @TechMama, Beth Blecherman, who I adore and sponsored by Sony and Kingston. That was a party I was really hoping to go to myself had I gone of the trip – there were fabulous tech ladies there! HP also sponsored having the last Project Runway winner, Anya, at the event. You can see Danyelle’s video interview with her at The Cubicle Chick. (look at that ring Anya is wearing in the video!)
- During my talk with her it was so funny because I asked how her family was doing at home. You may have seen some of my posts about her daughter, The Chicklet, well The Chicklet has LOTS of hair and it is beautiful but apparently her dad isn’t so good with it LOL. So Granny T is there keeping an eye on The Chicklet’s hair so she doesn’t look like a wild woman by the time she gets home! So funny!
- Best feeding yesterday was the Microsoft Phone dinner at a Maggiano’s – which I happen to know is a favorite of Danyelle’s. She said they had SO much food!
- Finally she was able to see some of the Ultrabooks at CES. An Ultrabook is kind of the PC version of a Macbook Air. They are super light and portable, however the Ultrabooks have disk drives often and USB ports – things noticeably missing from the Air. Danyelle is actually a Macbook owner, but she said she would buy the Asus Zenbook in pink to use when traveling because it is so light but powerful enough to do what she wants and it is gorgeous and she would leave the Macbook at home.
- This morning she was feeling a little under the weather so she was taking it easy until her first appointment this afternoon. I hope she feels better ASAP and keeps having fun!
© 2012, Robyn Wright. All rights reserved.