I love this cinnamon

by Robyn Wright on February 16, 2012

in Food

McCormick Roasted Saigon CinnamonI had not given a lot of thought to the differences in the ground cinnamon I buy at the store before but after trying this McCormick Roasted Saigon Cinnamon I now know there are differences. My husband was the first one to use this cinnamon and he noticed how much more flavorful it was. Then I tried it and I was equally impressed.

I love cinnamon anything to start with, but this really is cinnamon x10! It is not just that it tastes like you might have used more, the flavor itself is deeper and more intense. I have used it now when baking, cooking, and just sprinkling it on top of things and in all applications it was superior. I highly recommend you spend the little extra this will cost you. I promise it is worth it!

Disclosure: While I have worked with McCormick on projects in the past, this was just an item I bought on my own that I wanted to share with my readers. Opinions are my own.

© 2012, Robyn Wright. All rights reserved.

1 jkebeans February 16, 2012 at 6:08 pm

I too love cinnamon.  I put it on my oatmeal every morning.  I never tried this version.  Maybe I’ll look for it at my grocery.

2 tannawings February 16, 2012 at 7:06 pm

Is it in stores yet? I LOVE cinnamon toast and that would be nice to need to sprinkle less on!

3 Robyn's Online World February 16, 2012 at 8:01 pm

Yes! It has been in stores for a while!

4 slehan February 16, 2012 at 7:40 pm

Yum!  Like cinnamon and this sounds super-duper. Thanks for the info.

5 nik February 16, 2012 at 10:35 pm

I’m a cinnamon groupie too and have learned the same lesson. Definitely worth the few extra dollars!
Now I want a baked cinnamon apple…yum!

6 simplydab February 16, 2012 at 11:45 pm

I’ll have to try this. I used to get my spices from a local shop but they closed a couple of years ago *sob*

7 tmy56 February 17, 2012 at 8:12 pm

I’ll have to look for this – my husband likes to add cinnamon to the coffee grounds before brewing and I bet this will add great flavor.

8 Diana February 17, 2012 at 9:39 pm

Thanks Robyn, I love cinnamon and put it in my greek yogurt/applesauce/flaxseed for breakfast.

9 nanlara February 18, 2012 at 12:40 pm

will have to try, love cinnamon toast

10 JeannetteNL1966 February 18, 2012 at 8:13 pm

Thanks so much for the tip as we use cinnamon quite a bit around here as well. I once maid the mistake of purchasing a no-name type cinnamon and frankly I don’t think it included any cinnamon at all. It is good to know when there is a good quality cinnamon that will taste great time after time. Thanks!

11 Angie Marion February 18, 2012 at 11:53 pm

I haven’t seen this, but I’ll be on the lookout for it!

12 Cassie February 19, 2012 at 2:33 am

I never knew there were different varieites of cinnamon either! I’m a huge cinnamon fan so I’ll have to buy this the next time we’re out of it. Do you find you have to use LESS of the cinnamon since it’s stronger/ more flavorful? (dealbunny20@gmail.com)

13 Ape2016 February 19, 2012 at 10:47 am

I have never seen this variety.  I will definitely try it for my cinnamon rolls and monkey bread.  I certainly notice a difference in cinnamons and I have found that the cheaper they are the more woody and musty they taste (if that makes any sense).

14 Christina February 19, 2012 at 7:10 pm

I’ve never tried this cinammon, but I do like cinammon, so I’d love to try it!

15 Ljatwood February 20, 2012 at 8:24 pm

I’ve never tried this kind. I always just buy the plain ‘ole cinnamon.

16 Eileen Richter February 22, 2012 at 5:49 am

I have tried another brand of the Saigon Cinnamon, one that used to be only ordered online but now sold near us. I learned after shopping here that all the spices I purchased in store was far better, richer, stronger…I love to bake and never knew!!!  And it doesnt even cost more.  We live and learn.

Cinnamon is my favorite spice by far. It reminds me of cinny rolls and cinny/sugar homemade toast after school, after walking (up hill and barefoot of course) down our 3/4 mile rural driveway home. My mom always baked and you could seriously smell the cinnamon before you even got in the house. Isnt it funny how spices can invoke such memories?

17 Judy B February 23, 2012 at 6:06 am

Who woulda thought! I confess that I usually buy the cheapest thing I can get; and never used that much cinnamon until recently. Honestly I have bottles of cinnamon probably older than my adult daughter. LOL. But I recently developed a taste for it in my coffee and in bread or rice pudding that I make. I’m up for anything that tastes better so thanks.

18 Nadine L February 24, 2012 at 3:54 am

I have been buying Saigon Cinnamon for years, (not McCormick Brand) I can’t use regular cinnamon anymore. Good to know McCormick sells it

19 spirit_kim February 27, 2012 at 10:31 pm

I have never heard of Roasted cinnamon, I bet it really adds a depth of flavor. i can’t wait to try.

20 Jimmy February 28, 2012 at 2:49 pm

I love cinnamon too but I’ve never tried roasted cinnamon.  I usually just buy the cheapest brand.  Maybe I’ll use roast cinnamon the next time I make zucchini bread.