Have you ever felt dog tired?
Do you wish you could sleep like a baby?
I know I sure have! Sleeping has always been a struggle for me and I am not alone. A study suggests that at least 40 million Americans each year suffer from chronic, long-term sleep disorders, and an additional 20 million experience occasional sleeping problems. No wonder I see so many “can’t sleep”, “insomnia returns”, and “still awake” updates late at night on Facebook and Twitter, there are a lot of us suffering! All of that not sleeping at night makes us sleep around during the day!
My son and I cracked up over this video of the teacher filmed by the student’s in class. There are more funny videos on the Stop Sleeping Around YouTube Channel.
Some things that might help us all get a better night’s sleep:
- Get a new mattress! I know I am due for one myself. I sleep so much better on the trips I take where they have nice comfy beds!
- Create a bedtime routine – yes, even as an adult! Make sure it is relaxing.
- Make your bedroom relaxing and comfortable. I’ve even read that having a clean bedroom helps you sleep better.
- No TVs, computers, or smartphones in the bedroom. Gulp. This is a hard one for me. I fall asleep with the TV on usually (I use the timer for it to go off) and I do check my smartphone if I wake up at night.
The Better Sleep Council wants to help us all sleep better. They have some great guides for ideas to help you get those 8 hours of sleep each night, including what you need to look for when buying a new mattress. The Stop Sleeping Around Facebook page is up for us all to share our stories, funny photos and videos, and learn from each other. Come over and join in the fun! I’ll be around there and starting this Wednesday we will be talking about sleep and our health – this is a big area for me that I’m working on and I would love for you to join in the conversation with me. I will also be a panelist in the #StopSleepingAround Twitter party on May 17 – join in (details will be on another post soon).
The Giveaway: One lucky reader will win a Sleep Sanctuary Prize Kit which includes a $100 Visa Gift Card, Sleep Sounds CD, Mineral Bath Salts, Lavender Oil Reed Diffuser, Sleep Mask, Package of Ear Plugs, and a Better Sleep Guide!
Required Entry: Share with us your biggest sleeping problem OR share your best sleeping tip! You can do this ONCE A DAY!
Winners notified by mail only, so make sure I have a way of accessing your email address when you comment.
Extra Entries: The following are all extra things you can do for more entries. Leave an additional comment for each thing you do to earn extra entries.
- Visit the Stop Sleeping Around Facebook page and leave a comment, photo, or video and then come back here and leave the link (or just copy and past your comment including name from their wall here) for an extra entry every day!
- Subscribe my feed via email or reader and then leave a comment letting me know you have done so. If you are already a subscriber, let me know that in the comment instead. Subscribe to Robyn’s Online World
- Follow @RobynsWorld on Twitter and send a tweet about the giveaway. You can do this one time per day. Leave a direct link to your tweet (instructions here) in your comment for an extra entry for each tweet. Just click the Tweet button. Tweet must include #stopsleepingaround
- Join me during the #StopSleepingAround Twitter party on May 17. After the party just come back here and leave a link to any of your tweets that show you participated during the party!
- Share my giveaway on your own blog. Leave a comment with a direct link to the post on your blog.
- Please note that while I would appreciate it if you liked, shared, stumbled, +1, pinned or otherwise shared this giveaway, those do not gain extra entries.
Rules: Only one of each entry method listed per person/family/household unless otherwise stated as a daily or unlimited entry. No entering on behalf of others, using extra identities or others identities, no automated program entries, etc. If I catch you cheating you will be banned from this and all of my future giveaways! This giveaway is only open to those in the USA, ages 18+. All entries must be received by 11:59 pm Central Time on Tuesday, May 22, 2012. I will pick a winner and email them and they have 48 hours to claim the prize. If no response, I will pick a new winner. Good luck!
© 2012, Robyn Wright. All rights reserved.