Putting on your big-girl-panties kind of day

by Robyn Wright on June 11, 2012

big girl stickerWhile I do have responsibilities every day that need to be done, there are sometimes those tasks that are really tough. They are those much harder to do but very important things. Today was one of those days for me, a day to wear my big-girl-panties kind of day.

Luckily, Hubby was there being ultra responsible with me for the day. I was actually really proud of us for taking care of everything and working really hard on it together while being supportive. We have not been able to do that always. Sometimes when you have those major things to deal with the stress of it all makes it hard to communicate and we end up snapping at each other instead. So for us, on top of accomplishing the tasks at hand, we also accomplished communicating really well with each other. Yay us!

It is funny because while I know I am an adult, most of the time I still feel like a very young adult. It is only when days like this happen that I think, “wow, I am really a grown-up”. Do we ever feel grown-up all the time? Is there a certain age or is it a frame of mind that not everyone has? I am not complaining mind you, I like feeling young!

So have you had to wear your big girl panties lately?

© 2012, Robyn Wright. All rights reserved.

1 msbsbonnet June 11, 2012 at 7:56 pm

It’s always easier to tackle those unpleasant, big girl panty tasks with the support of a good friend by your side. Glad it went well for both of you! Good job!

2 angelgenius27 June 11, 2012 at 11:21 pm

Good to hear! And yes today was definitely a big girl panties kind of day I really had to suck in my emotions at the doctors I’m in limbo on what’s going on with my health and ive been an emotional mess, I did good today holding it in

3 tannawings June 12, 2012 at 12:54 am

Trust me, no matter how old you are, there are times you just snap at your spouse. I think we do it because at least for me I know I can say most anything and he will still be by my side. Yep, plenty of big girl panties on!

4 Leighbra June 12, 2012 at 2:21 am

I’m glad you & your husband both wore your big girl panties today. Actually, that’s kinda hot. ;)

I’ve been fighting with our health insurance to get a surgery covered. I’m so dang tired of fighting. But if we won’t advocate for ourselves, who will?

5 Jean Parks June 12, 2012 at 2:26 am

You know the rules of the internet, pics of you & hubby wearing the same big girl panties together or it didn’t happen ;)

Seriously, nothing makes a tough situation easier than being able to be on the same page about things with your spouse. I’m glad you two were able to get through some hard tasks in such a united manner!

6 Ravzie June 12, 2012 at 6:23 am

When do we don’t have to put on our big girl pants?  With everything we have to do as adults, the pants just stay on.  But I know what you mean, certainly some days are more of a challenge than others.  This weekend I had to go to the funeral of one of the doctors I work closely with.  A young healthy man just dropped dead last week.  He was 12 years younger than I am.  Frightening.

7 Doodle741 June 12, 2012 at 7:28 am

YAYYY!!  Here’s to doing it more often!  And, I LOVE the picture you have in the post!

8 write4fun June 12, 2012 at 7:52 am

We had a week like that, last week, having to call the cops on some trespassing thug neighbors. I am sooooo ready to move to a new locale.

9 nickie burke June 12, 2012 at 12:00 pm

My husband and I are always childish, until REAL adult things happen. Then its like wow were adults when did that happen lol.

10 Tooth Fairy June 14, 2012 at 9:44 pm

Yup, instead Mom Mothering me, I feel I must Mother her lately….so that requires me to wear my ” Big Girl ” panties…and sometimes they still feel too big for me?

11 nanlara June 15, 2012 at 6:31 pm

luckily not lately..but i was just reminiscing about how i had to wear my big girl panties when my lil guy had stitches out of state…YUCK!!!

12 Robyn's Online World June 17, 2012 at 1:41 pm

Medical stuff for our kids is always so hard on us moms!