Whoa life didn’t stop when I did

by Robyn Wright on June 5, 2012

Regular readers know that we have had a lot of stuff going on the past several months – well probably closer to over a year now for a lot of it. This includes my own stuff too. On the plus side I have a fabulous therapist who I am really starting to make some progress with – amazing how clear things become. On the down side though, at some point I kind of shut down on a lot of parts of life and it is now all catching up with me. Yikes! The really interesting thing though is that while I do have some anxiety about getting back up to speed on everything and fixing things, it does feel like it will be manageable. Hubby and I are working really hard to be a team and fix everything together and to not blame each other for any of this. It is what it is, we can’t go back and change things, we are just going to move forward now and be as positive as we can about it all. Whew!

Just today I realized how far behind I was with some things. Since my desktop died I had to find my Windows 7 CD to reinstall it on the new hard drive. Well, it wasn’t in the case like it was supposed to be so I had to go thru all the stuff on my desk. YIKES! As I was digging I did find a rebate form I was looking for, a charger for one of my devices, the pack of AA batteries I knew I had bought, but I also found a lot of things I was supposed to mail, some things I was supposed to put up on my blog a while back, and the list goes on and on. Heck, I still had Christmas cards on my desk that I never got around to hanging up in the house during the holidays.

So forward I go. Cleaning, filing, mailing, fixing, living, learning, coping, and dealing. And most of all, breathing.

I know I am not the only this has happened to. So many of you have shared with my in comments or in private about your own struggles. Today a big giant {{{HUG}}} to all of you. I really do understand and get it – I’m in the same place. Just start from now – move ahead – and if you forget and stop then start again when you realize it. Keep moving with life and it will be okay!

© 2012, Robyn Wright. All rights reserved.

1 angelgenius27 June 5, 2012 at 9:39 pm

((hugs)) I’ve had a rough month or two also sounds just like me I’ve been so forgetful things I was suppose to have done where comp,eteky forgotten, I even forgot to call people back for weeks. I started feeling awful two months ago so I recently had a blood test come out positive for inflammation and am scheduled to see a rheumatologist on Thursday, hopefully once I reach a diagnosis of some sort my life can get back in track

2 tannawings June 6, 2012 at 2:28 am

*hugs* right back atcha! You know, I have Christmas cards I had addressed and never mailed (found them after I cleaned out one of the cupboards) Hmmm … least I am ahead for next year as long as people stay put :)
Things will continue to improve for ya Robyn… and I am so proud of you that you are exercising and doing things for you too.

3 write4fun June 6, 2012 at 6:10 am

My struggles include-a relative with dementia who needs help with anything and everything; not being able to secure a job (partly because of the needy relative); not being able to move to a location with good jobs (because of the needy relative); not being able to travel (because of same relative); not being able to move out of a too-big crumbling house because of lack of funds (we want an apartment); and last, but certainly not least–rotten neighbors with loud dogs that often bark all night. Hope everyone finds some relief and respite, very soon…..

4 nickie burke June 6, 2012 at 9:10 am

*Hugs* I’m glad you are thinking positive. Everyone has struggles, its how you view things and approach the issues that will make all the difference.

5 Doodle741 June 6, 2012 at 9:22 am

{HUG} to you!!!  Upward and onward!

6 Tooth Fairy June 6, 2012 at 6:17 pm

So forward YOU GO GIRL!! Cleaning, filing, mailing, fixing, living, learning, coping, and dealing. And most of all, breathing !!! Thanks for sharing and making us all realize we are only human…well er of course I fly as the Tooth Fairy but I am “real” believe you me!

7 TinaBowling July 5, 2012 at 3:24 pm

This happens to me a lot and I have been lucky to always bounce back somehow. Sometimes it takes a little longer than others :). It’s like one day I wake up with a whole new outlook like “I am not going to let this stuff get the best of me anymore” and I whizz around getting things accomplished again. I enjoyed reading this post very much, sometimes I feel like EVERYONE else in the world is perfect in every way. Glad to read you are moving forward :)