“Easily amused” is a term I have heard often from family and friends. They are generally shaking their heads at me when they say it. Do I mind? Nope, not a bit! What they are seeing is not just me being easily amused, but rather me being happy and enjoying little things in life! To me, that is a very good thing!
You have read posts about me going to therapy and the struggles that we face in my family and myself, but regardless of all of those things I still consider myself to be a pretty happy person most of the time. I like being optimistic. I like being amused easily. I like the tiny little things that many people never even notice. To me, these are my moments of enlightened enjoyment. A few things I can think of off the top of my head….
- Baby feet! Oh my goodness do baby feet make me happy!
- Lightning bugs (fireflies)
- Driving up the road in the country and seeing my grandparents farm house up on the hill
- Laughing with my teenage son – we are at a difficult phase so this doesn’t happen as much as I would like so I really cherish every smile and laugh
- Chocolate when I need it most – you know when you really, really need a piece of chocolate and you put it in your mouth and you instantly feel those happy thoughts surging in your brain?
- Family memories always make me happy – I love looking at the old photos because it leads to old stories and memories
- Blowing the seeds off of a dandelion and seeing them fly off in the air
- Garlic – ‘nuf said
- Miniature anything – I have no idea what it is about tiny versions of things but they instantly make me smile
- Sitting outside on a patio with the perfect temperature, no bugs, a glass of wine, and fun friends to talk with
- Doing a silly pose with statues – just look at photos when I am on trips and you will see me do this often
- Having one of my cats come up next to me and quietly meow and stretch out their paw so I will pick them up and pet them for a bit – cats purring is another great moment too!
- Seeing Hubby fix things (but not hearing it) – this may seem odd, but it is a happy thing for me
- Sitting down to a meal that I have cooked and being impressed with how it looks and tastes after all that hard work
- Autumn leaves tumbling down
- Snowflakes sparkling and falling to the ground
Ok, I honestly could go on and on and on with this list. There are unlimited possibilities for those moments of enlightened enjoyment if you are open to seeing them as you go through your days.
The lovely folks at Raisinets want to help you have more enlightened enjoyment too and they are doing it in a couple of ways. First of all they are having a Pinterest contest. If you are into Pinterest you will enjoy it. They want you to share your moments. You can win a $500 Amex Gift Card or one of two $250 Amex Gift Cards in the Pinterest contest. (official rules). I have made my own Raisinets Pin & Win board already if you would like to take a look and get an idea of what you need to do. Plus, they have also given a prize for me to give away right here to one of my readers (keep reading).
Some important links:
- Raisinets Enlightened Enjoyment Sweepstakes: www.pins.raisinets.com
- Raisinets on Pinterest: http://pinterest.com/raisinets/
- Raisinets on Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/raisinets
The Giveaway: One lucky reader of Robyn’s Online World will receive a gift basket of Raisinets products plus a $50 Gift Card. (Picture above is not exact prize, but it will be similar)
Required Entry: Leave a comment telling me one of your enlightened enjoyment moments!
Winners notified by mail only, so make sure I have a way of accessing your email address when you comment.
Extra Entries: The following are all extra things you can do for more entries. Leave an additional comment for each thing you do to earn extra entries.
- Subscribe my feed via email and then leave a comment letting me know you have done so. If you are already a subscriber, let me know that in the comment instead. Subscribe to Robyn’s Online World
- Follow Robyn’s Raisinets Pin & Win Board on Pinterest and leave a comment below telling me your Pinterest name. You can also follow any of Robyn’s other Pinterest boards if you like!
- Follow @RobynsWorld on Twitter and send a tweet about the giveaway. You can do this one time per day. Leave a direct link to your tweet (instructions here) in your comment for an extra entry for each tweet. Just click the Tweet button below and follow simple instructions
Rules: Only one of each entry method listed per person/family/household. No entering on behalf of others, using extra identities or others identities, no automated program entries, etc. If I catch you cheating you will be banned from this and all of my future giveaways! This giveaway is only open to those in the USA, ages 18+. All entries must be received by 11:59 pm Central Time on Tuesday, September 25, 2012. I will pick a winner and email them and they have 48 hours to claim the prize. If no response, I will pick a new winner. Good luck!
Disclosure: I have been compensated for this campaign. Opinions are my own.
© 2012, Robyn Wright. All rights reserved.