Latest products from Apple

by Robyn Wright on September 12, 2012

in Tech

Today Apple announced new products. While I did recently switch from my iPhone 4 to the Samsung Galaxy SIII, it does not mean I am anti-Apple. Here is a short recap of what was announced today for those of you who want to be in the know.

iPhone 5Apple iPhone 5

This was the biggest news of the day. A redesign of the iPhone was finally released.

• Larger screen at 4” (the old was 3.5”)
  • Thinner and lighter
  • Faster processor
  • 4G enabled for faster internet speeds
  • The camera takes panorama shots now
  • Latest iOS 6 operating system
  • New EarPods (earbud) design
  • New Lightning Connector (cable)
  • Starts at $199 with a 2-year commitment to your service provider

Apple iPod touchiPod touch

• Larger screen 4”
  • Thinner and lighter
  • Aluminum case
  • Multiple color choices
  • New EarPods (earbuds)
  • Dual-core A5 chip processor
  • Latest iOS 6 operating system
  • New Lightning Connector (cable)
  • Starts at $199

Apple iPod nanoiPod nano

• Thinnest iPod ever at 5.4mm thin and about the size of a credit card
  • Larger 2.5” Multi-Touch display
  • Several color choices
  • Video available now
  • Bluetooth technology
  • FM radio receiver
  • New EarPods (earbuds)
  • New Lightning Connector (cable)
  • Starts at $149

Will you be buying any of the new updated Apple products anytime soon?

Disclosure: None – just sharing information with my readers.

© 2012, Robyn Wright. All rights reserved.

1 kymi September 12, 2012 at 5:09 pm

thank you for posting I have been trying to find the new features, atleast the price is more affordable now.

2 Robyn's Online World September 12, 2012 at 5:36 pm

Happy to help Kymi!

3 Tiffany Winner September 12, 2012 at 5:13 pm

dont see how i could justify buying a new ipod when my old one works just dandy, being thinner just isnt worth it in my mind thismomwins@gmail.com

4 Robyn's Online World September 12, 2012 at 5:36 pm

Agreed, if they old one is working for you keep using it!

5 Katie September 12, 2012 at 5:24 pm

Great synopsis – really helps. I just got an iPhone 4s in October last year so I’m not in the market for a new one yet.

6 Robyn's Online World September 12, 2012 at 5:37 pm

You’re welcome Katie. I figured people really interested would have found the long posts already. I just wanted to do a quick recap for the rest of us.

7 tannawings September 12, 2012 at 7:46 pm

I for one am glad to see prices going down especially for the IPod – I have been lusting for one for years- when they really hit the market I am going shopping- on EBay for one of the ‘old’ ones (maybe!)

8 Laura Scarborough September 12, 2012 at 11:57 pm

lots of campaigning here under the Big Top for the iPhone and the iTouch…maybe for Christmas. Still considering that I just got the iPhone 4S last Christmas part of me chokes on whether my 16 y/o should have the iPhone 5 while I still carry the iPhone4S. Oh dear…

9 Robin September 13, 2012 at 6:47 pm

I probably will not buy any of these soon, although we’ve never owned an

iPod nano in our family, and I’m sort of curious about that. I’ve been hearing lots about the new iPhone though…I wonder if people who buy it will be happy with the new features…Thanks for the info!

10 Kecia September 14, 2012 at 8:50 am

I am so excited for the iPhone 5! I believe I am eligible to get a new phone in October, and while I was considering going to Android to see if I liked it….I think I’ll stick with Apple and get the new iPhone! I’m excited about the bigger screen, smaller size, and panorama abilities!

11 GlArthy September 15, 2012 at 12:13 am

I was leaning towards the iPhone5 but am having some second thoughts. After seeing the upgrade for the iPod Touch, more and more am thinking that is the choice I’ll make. What caught my attention is the added wrist strap – can you imagine, of all the other additional good stuff?? Go figure. :o)

12 Shannon Whitfield September 19, 2012 at 7:39 pm

Not anytime soon probably, I’m happy with my (albeit, older) Samsung.. but I will say these look rather nifty. They are still kind of on the expensive side for us, though.