Creating Links to Single Tweets on Twitter

by Robyn Wright on October 26, 2012

in Social Media

I created a tutorial about this back in 2008, but I thought I would update since Twitter has changed a little since then. If you need the link to an individual tweet that you, or someone else, has sent on Twitter it is very simple.

Go to Twitter.com and go to your profile page (or whomever). You will see the list of recent tweets that have been sent. To the far right you will see a time/date reference. I circled them in aqua here so you could see them. These all happen to be from about 1 hour ago. That “1h” (or whatever the time/date is) will be clickable. I clicked the second tweet on the list.

Creating links to individual tweets on Twitter

Once I clicked that link a new page opened. It shows my tweet, and in this instance, also what I happened to be replying to. On this page you will want to copy the URL – this is the direct link to that tweet. I circled it in yellow here (click image to enlarge if you need to). You can then paste that link any where you need to.

Creating links to individual tweets on Twitter

There are a few other ways and tools you can use to do this, but the method above is the simplest for most people to follow and to explain.

Any questions?

© 2012, Robyn Wright. All rights reserved.

1 Margie October 27, 2012 at 8:04 am

I”m not a tweeter, and I’m probably one of the few!

2 tannawings October 29, 2012 at 2:10 pm

Now this tutorial I understood- I use this often. I actually still remember how it was you who taught me how to get facebook links the same way!

3 AngelaLilly November 6, 2012 at 9:08 am

oh cool! so much easier than finding the tweet and then going thru the details tab! thank you!!!

4 Wendy T December 31, 2012 at 5:17 pm

I am a dork!

I saw the title, and I thought it was about being able to find “single tweets”…in other words, tweets from singles.

Is there an app for that ;)

5 Julie January 4, 2013 at 2:02 pm

I tweet all the time and found that twitter is very much like Facebook. If you click the time / date, you can get a direct link for it. This is very helpful for those just starting with Twitter

6 Mavericksfolife May 3, 2013 at 5:38 pm

Hi Robyn, I love the easy customization of the phone, I have a Droid and the transition would be simple. I also love the live tiles, I’m always on twitter as you can see and the live tiles makes it a little easier. Overall sounds like a fantastic phone and very user friendly.

7 irma October 3, 2014 at 3:15 pm