Do you ever have leftover bread or rolls from a holiday meal or Sunday dinner? It does not happen often with my family, everyone loves bread, but occasionally it does. Panera (aka St. Louis Bread Company as it is known here in St. Louis) has some great ideas for leftover bread. We love getting fresh artisan breads from Panera when I make soups in the winter and now I know what to do with any leftovers!
While rolls can go perfectly as a side to nearly any meal, they can be put to use in a multitude of other ways post-feast. Turn that baked ham into a delicious veggie sandwich or even morph into one of your favorite deserts – bread pudding, anyone? In addition to those great dishes, Saint Louis Bread Co. has come up with four delicious things you should do with those leftover dinner rolls:
· Make your own croutons: Cut bread into cube-shaped pieces, toss with olive oil, salt and pepper, and scatter on a baking sheet. Bake at 350°F until golden brown (about 10 minutes). Croutons made from Whole Grain, Honey Wheat and Stone-Milled Rye make wonderful salad toppings.
· Create crostini: It’s a fancy term for the miniature toasts used in bruschetta and French onion soup. To make your own, slice the bread into ¼-inch rounds, brush with oil or butter and brown on a baking sheet in a 350°F oven.
· Float bread boats: Kids love these! Leftover bread makes a perfect addition to fresh soup. When it’s ready to serve, add a few small chunks. The bread will absorb the flavors and add a savory layer of texture. Try Sourdough with chicken soup!
· Craft crumbs: Pulse leftover bread in a food processor. Store in the freezer and add to dishes that need extra flavor or crunch. For instance, add crumbs to a meatball recipe. Or scatter crumbs made from Tomato Basil bread atop macaroni and cheese and bake until crunchy brown.
The Giveaway: One lucky reader will win a $10 Panera Gift Card
Required Entry: Leave a comment telling me your favorite type of bread item from Panera.
Winners notified by mail only, so make sure I have a way of accessing your email address when you comment.
Extra Entries: The following are all extra things you can do for more entries. Leave an additional comment for each thing you do to earn extra entries.
- Subscribe my feed via and then leave a comment letting me know you have done so. Subscribe to Robyn’s Online World
- Follow @RobynsWorld on Twitter and send a tweet about the giveaway. You can do this one time per day. Leave a direct link to your tweet (instructions here) in your comment for an extra entry for each tweet. Just click the Tweet button below and follow simple instructions
Rules: You may only enter the stated number of times per method listed above. No entering on behalf of others, using extra identities or others identities, no automated program entries, etc. If I catch you cheating you will be banned from this and all of my future giveaways! This giveaway is only open to those in the USA, ages 18+. All entries must be received by 11:59 pm Central Time on Tuesday, January 1, 2013. I will pick a winner and email them and they have 48 hours to claim the prize. If no response, I will pick a new winner. Good luck!
Disclosure: Panera provided the tips listed in this post and the gift card for the prize. Opinions are my own.
© 2012 – 2013, Robyn Wright. All rights reserved.