Robyn’s Pinterest Picks

by Robyn Wright on January 6, 2013

in Food,Living

Here are a few of my favorite Pinterest items I found this week. You can see all of my recent pins on my Pinterest page.

Did you have a favorite pin you found this week? Share it in the comments below!

I love this idea for Valentine’s Day. You can buy precut heart shapes of paper at craft stores or cut out your own. Fill the box up with just the hearts or write something special on each one. Package them all up and mail or hand-deliver to your Valentine!

Source: someecards.com via Robyn on Pinterest

I just had to giggle when I read this. If you are a regular reader you know I love Mad Libs.

Easy Baked Pesto Chicken! This sounds yummy. It is pretty simple too, make (or buy) some pesto sauce and put in the pan, chicken on top, more pesto, foil and in the oven. They added a little cheese to the end of this one too, but you could leave that off if you wanted.

OMG I just love the look of this mosaic dress! I wish there was a photo of the entire thing and info on the designer. Can you imagine how heavy this probably is? I just love it though!

Now this is clever! We have a tray inside our front door to put shoes, but I love the look of this more. Get a simple tray and put pretty river rocks in them. The snow and rain will drain off your shoes and boots.

© 2013, Robyn Wright. All rights reserved.

1 Jane m January 6, 2013 at 4:17 pm

I love the river rock boot tray.

2 GlArthy January 6, 2013 at 7:42 pm

I too like the boot tray decor but how about the cleaning. Not sure I would like the idea of much salt sitting at the bottom of tray long-time. Or maybe it can be cleaned at the end of each Season.

3 Robyn's Online World January 6, 2013 at 10:05 pm

I would use plastic trays and then I would actually glue down the rocks to it using something like E6000 glue. Keep the rocks with a bit of space in between to allow for drainage away from shoes and boots. You could then easily take the trays outside from time to time and use a hose to wash them off and then let them dry in the sun before putting back inside. Subject: [robynsonlineworld] Re: Robyn’s Pinterest Picks

4 GlArthy January 7, 2013 at 2:11 pm

good point, never thought of the glue part.

5 yonawilliams January 6, 2013 at 7:47 pm

Good pins! I just started the Wheat Belly diet (eating wheat-free and sugar-free), so I’ve been searching Pinterest for good recipes. I came across one for Strawberry “Ice Cream”: – http://theprimalhome.blogspot.com/2011/07/strawberry-ice-cream-non-dairy-sugar.html

The picture of it looks so good, I can’t wait to try it…and you don’t need an ice cream maker. The ingredients are 1 banana (sliced and frozen), 1 handful of strawberries (frozen), 1-2 tablespoons coconut milk, and 1 teaspoon vanilla extract.

6 Robyn's Online World January 6, 2013 at 10:04 pm

is wheat-free the same as gluten-free? Subject: [robynsonlineworld] Re: Robyn’s Pinterest Picks

7 yonawilliams January 6, 2013 at 11:03 pm

No. Gluten is also found in barley and rye. However, on the Wheat Belly Diet, I can’t have that either and can only consume limited quantities of non-wheat, non-gluten grains, such as wild rice, quinoa, millet, brown or white rice. I can’t eat “non-gluten” foods while on the diet, which I was really disappointed in. It’s a learning process. At least I can have a little bit of dark chocolate and two 4-ounce glasses of wine (without any added coloring or sugar) per day.

8 tannawings January 6, 2013 at 8:57 pm

I like the river rock thing too but not to certain how good it would be if you had a lot of ‘wet’ in it. I bet it would be great for every season but winter. Cute pins the dress is aweome !

9 Robyn's Online World January 6, 2013 at 9:37 pm

10 nanlara January 6, 2013 at 9:19 pm

love the boot trays

11 Kathy January 7, 2013 at 5:10 am

Love the boot tray~

12 terrik January 7, 2013 at 6:50 am

I love the mosaic dress, but I’d never wear it…now, a mosaic handbag, I could go for that!

Also, I want to adapt that river rock thing for an outdoor umbrella stand.

13 Robin January 7, 2013 at 7:02 am

I would not wear the mosaic dress, but it’s fun to look at!!
I really like the rocks in the boot trays though; I may have to try that.

14 Ravzie January 7, 2013 at 1:23 pm

I love the boot tray, but my dog would carry the rocks all over the house, LOL. And she’s the reason we need a boot tray!

15 terry petero February 17, 2013 at 5:28 pm

I just love pinterst i could spend all day on there page , they have such wonderful ideas. and i am going to half to try that tray what a great idea and i also love the valentine one.