How attached are we to our computers? [infographic]

by Robyn Wright on March 9, 2013

in Tech

infographics logoI know that I am very attached to my computer, well actually to any of my devices will do in a pinch since they are all computers of various sorts.

The average person spends 66 hours per month on their computer. I think I may be just a tad (ha!) higher in hours than that! Although, this is what I do for a living so I have a good reason, right?

Do the statistics below fit you? Which are you most surprised about?

376955-infographic-how-attached-are-we-to-our-computers

Source: PCMag

© 2013, Robyn Wright. All rights reserved.

1 Robin March 10, 2013 at 5:33 am

I think 66 hours is a bit low for me too!
I am somewhat surprised that work research was the most common usage listed.

2 Robyn's Online World March 10, 2013 at 10:08 am

At least the bosses of the world would be happy that folks are researching work on their computers instead of just doing facebook and playing games at their desks all day LOL Subject: [robynsonlineworld] Re: How attached are we to our computers? [infographic]

3 Kenny Fensom March 10, 2013 at 5:53 pm

Interesting graph!

4 GlArthy March 10, 2013 at 9:13 pm

love, love, love my computer so for sure I spend more than 66 hours. 30 days average by 3 hours per night would sure be a cut above.

5 Ravzie March 11, 2013 at 5:00 am

I spend way too much time online! Now I can see that fact in graphic form, LOL. Thanks for always providing cool stuff, Robyn.

6 Tooth Fairy March 29, 2013 at 1:29 pm

True Confessions: I now spend too much time flying round and round online too! But I worry about this generation of children not getting enough real social play and outdoor time!

7 Nancy Bowers March 29, 2013 at 1:36 pm

I spend a lot of time online but don’t know what else I’d do now that my kids are grown.
njb414 at gmail dot com

8 Rebecca Shockley April 16, 2013 at 7:38 pm

I depend on the internet a lot. I research food’s, medicine’s, home remedies, everything. I love my social media, OMG, I couldn’t even imagine not having a FB account. Sometimes though, when inquiring about something or a product, they automatically assume you have internet access and sometimes that’s not the case. They always say, go check us out online, okay, there are a very few people who go without internet for several reason’s. Maybe they can’t afford or even a computer, it’s possible.