Farmer Hubby and Our Tiny Garden Wordless Wednesday

by Robyn Wright on July 17, 2013

in Food

Our home garden - Farmer Hubby

Farmer Hubby, notice he shaved off his Duck Dynasty beard finally, and our little garden. He really wants to be a real farmer, but for now this has to do.

Our home garden - green beans

Looks like green beans will be on the menu soon, fresh from the garden!

Our home garden - jalapeno

Is this not the cutest little jalapeno you’ve ever seen? I love it! If you look behind it a bit you can see an even tinier one, but it doesn’t have that curve.

Our home garden - grape tomatoes

Grape tomatoes! I’m going to be able to pluck them off and put them in my salads soon. We are growing lettuce too.

Our home garden - cucumbers

The cucumbers are getting ready too. Farmer Hubby wants to make his own homemade pickles this year.

Our home garden - corn

And here is the corn! We won’t have a lot, but I bet it will be delicious!

Do you have a home garden? What do you grow in it?

© 2013, Robyn Wright. All rights reserved.

1 tannawings July 17, 2013 at 9:00 pm

Yep I have a garden! My green beans have been going nuts! I have been able to share with 2 neighbors and I only plant one row. Today I also picked some peas. The tomatoes are nowhere near red- wish they were!

2 Robyn Wright September 3, 2013 at 3:54 pm

Our tomatoes have finally turned red!

3 Robin July 18, 2013 at 5:28 am

I wish we had a garden. Those grape tomatoes look really good. I’m sure you’ll enjoy some farm-fresh salads from your nice garden!

4 Robyn Wright September 3, 2013 at 3:55 pm

We are hoping, when we move, to have a much larger garden to be more self-sustaining and have more control over the chemicals on our food

5 slehan July 18, 2013 at 12:38 pm

That’s a lot of veggies in a very small garden. It really doesn’t take a lot of space to have fresh veggies.

6 Robyn Wright September 3, 2013 at 3:55 pm

We do pack it in that tiny garden LOL

7 lfhpueblo July 18, 2013 at 10:51 pm

We no longer have the strawberries and the blueberries, they didn’t over winter well. We have rhubarb, tomatoes, cucumbers, anise, green pole beans, lemon sage, and regular sage. The garlic and onion chives didn’t come up from the seeds we planted. I didn’t plant onions, potatoes or corn this year. I went to strictly big container gardening this year to save on water due to watering restrictions where we live. Last year in ground we had the onions, potatoes, and corn. Actually this is the first year I really had any luck with herbs. So glad to be getting some anise and some sage. My dill weed didn’t come up either, but I might try starting some of it the house in a pot. I too hope to make some bread and butter pickles this year, and maybe some dill pickles. Hope to make some strawberry/rhubarb jam. I’ll have to buy the strawberries though when the rhubarb is ripe to pick. If I had the land I’d have a mini farm, some chickens for eggs mostly until they weren’t laying anymore, more plants, maybe some meat rabbits (rabbits are a very lean meat), wouldn’t mind a milk cow. I’m allergic to goat and lamb milk, so I couldn’t have goats. Would be nice to have your own cow, so you could have the milk to make homemade cheeses. We don’t drink much milk, but do eat quite a bit of cheese.

8 mom4everever July 19, 2013 at 9:45 pm

he is doing well- the heat killed some of ours but we are hopeful

9 donna W August 11, 2013 at 3:24 am

I don’t have a garden as I live in the Los Angeles area and don’t have the space. I grew up in Kentucky where we ALWAYS had a big garden. I love picking the fruit and vegetables. Your plants look great. Your green beans should produce a lot. They will taste yummy! They were always my favorite to pick.