Benefits of Walking [infographic]

by Robyn Wright on August 3, 2013

in Weight Loss

infographics logoWelcome to the weekend. I think my host company has things figured out and hopefully my blog won’t be down again like it was all day yesterday. So frustrating! Anyway, let’s get to our Saturday Infographic.

Since I just started the walking challenge I thought I would share this Anatomy of Walking Infographic which tells you the benefits of just walking 30 minutes a day. I know I am happy to be getting all of these benefits as I attempt to meet my goal of 10,000 steps per day!

How much do you walk each day?

Anatomy of Walking Infographic

[Infographic Source: Everybodywalk.org]

© 2013, Robyn Wright. All rights reserved.

1 Sherrie Cruson August 3, 2013 at 10:48 pm

Gosh, I have to get back to walking for exercise again. I started walking a few miles a few months ago then gradually stopped because the of the hot weather we were having. This reminds me that I need to set a time to go walking each day if only for half an hour or so. I always feel much better after a good walk.

2 Robyn Wright August 12, 2013 at 2:38 pm

That happens here a lot too – hot and humid weather or cold and icy weather can really halt your walking plan. I think that is why mall walking became so popular!

3 Robin August 4, 2013 at 5:31 am

Great infographic! We all want to be healthier and happier.
If anybody is interested, Walgreens has a program where you can earn Balance Rewards for logging your walks:

4 Robyn Wright August 12, 2013 at 2:39 pm

Thanks for the reminder Robin! I signed up for the Walgreens Rewards but I always forget to put in my steps!

5 alas3lads August 5, 2013 at 6:40 am

I love walking but haven’t been doing it much lately. I really need to get back to it – especially after reading this infographic. I had no idea it could affect your risk for glaucoma (which runs in our family) or alzheimers. Great information!

6 Robyn Wright August 12, 2013 at 2:39 pm

Isn’t it amazing what such a simple thing can do?

7 weeziestoy August 9, 2013 at 12:02 pm

I started walking before I retired….after that….nothing…that was two years ago….I actually enjoyed walking…so hard to start back…

8 Robyn Wright August 12, 2013 at 2:39 pm

You can do it! Find a walking buddy to help keep you motivated!

9 donna W August 11, 2013 at 3:04 am

I have been walking for years, ever since I was diagnosed with breast cancer. I enjoy walking as it gives me think time and a break from everyday life. I do believe I have gotten a lot of health benefits from it. On my most recent medical exam, I had flying colors with no problems. Your chart shows benefits I didn’t even know about. Keep up your great work with walking.

10 Robyn Wright August 12, 2013 at 2:40 pm

Awesome Donna! Glad you have really been able to see and feel the benefits of walking!

11 Candace August 13, 2013 at 1:02 pm

I have been having a lot of hip and back pain and the increase in walking and exercise has seriously helped. I spent some time in Foxboro Massachusetts last year in the shopping area at patriot place and all the walking and stair climbing was extremely painful. this year after my increase in physical activity it was definitely less painful

candi_angel_2004@hotmail.com

12 Robyn Wright September 3, 2013 at 3:46 pm

That is awesome that you are feeling better! I definitely notice that my back pain is less when I am walking regularly

13 Jane m August 14, 2013 at 10:39 pm

Your walking posts are very inspirational. Time to get up & more more. For me it’s becoming very mentally theraputic

14 Robyn Wright September 3, 2013 at 3:46 pm

at first it was more of a chore for me, but I do find it helps me clear my head now too

15 AngelaLilly August 15, 2013 at 9:09 am

The “burns more fat than jogging” makes me very happy…running/jogging is SO unhealthy for your joints!!!

16 Robyn Wright September 3, 2013 at 3:47 pm

I have NEVER been a runner

17 AngelaLilly September 4, 2013 at 6:28 am

Me either. I tried jogging ONCE and hated it and power walking a few times but just felt silly swinging my arms like that. LOL I prefer to just walk at a fast pace, eco-walk, or hike for my exercise.

18 Tiffany C August 20, 2013 at 8:22 pm

How is your goal coming along? 10000 steps is a lot but I can walk 3 hours at the mall. I need something to track my walking. Summer is almost over so I’m trying to fit in morning walks w/kiddos and my mom, keeps us all healthy and a little sweat doesn’t hurt!

19 Robyn Wright September 3, 2013 at 3:47 pm

Just finished the 10,000 step challenge and did pretty good I think. I’m going to try doing the mall maybe once a week for walking and find some others to join me!