You all know that helping end child hunger is a big cause I try to champion for regularly. I would love for you and your kids to join me to Be a Hunger Hero for Champions for Kids along with Tyson Chicken Nuggets and Sam’s Club.
- 22% of kids under 18 live in poverty
- Nearly half of all SNAP (supplemental nutrition assistance program) participants are kids
Food insecurity is a huge issue right here in our country. We need to do things to help families. This is where you come in by simply buying a bag of Tyson Fully Cooked Chicken Nuggets. For every bag of nuggets sold, Tyson Foods will donate a meal through Champions for Kids (up to 308,000 meals)! You and your kids have a great snack item in the house and you are helping other kids who are hungry at the same time.
Sam’s Club has been having demos in the store with the Tyson Fully Cooked Chicken Nuggets. You can see my shopping trip photos on my Google+ album. There are more scheduled on August 24-25 and August 29-31 from 11am-2pm. Check with your local Sam’s Club to see when they are having a demo.
Here are steps you can take to be a Hunger Hero:
- Attend the Tyson Fully Cooked Chicken Nuggets demo at your Sam’s Club
- Have the whole family try out the nuggets
- Have your kids pick up a Hunger Hero coloring page and a flyer about the program
- Pick up a bag (or two or more) of Tyson Fully Cooked Chicken Nuggets and explain to your kids that for every bag you buy a meal is donated to kids who are hungry
- Make sure to have the kids color their pictures too and share the flyer with a friend or neighbor to help spread the word
- Continue to talk with your kids about ways they can help end child hunger
I bought my bag of Tyson Fully Cooked Chicken Nuggets (T will be very happy – he likes these) and so I know a meal is being donated to help hungry kids. Now it’s your turn…
You can find out more about this program on these sites:
Lots of my blogging friends are also #HungerHeroes – go check out their blogs too!
© 2013, Robyn Wright. All rights reserved.