I have resisted eReaders for some time. For me, I just read on my other devices. However, the new Kindle Paperwhite is really a lovely device for avid readers I think. It is much lighter than a tablet and it really has a very nice visual appeal to it for reading. While I personally am not ready to switch, I know lots of folks who read a lot who would love a Kindle Paperwhite. Think ahead for the holidays – and the price (as of 10/7/13) is just $119 which really puts this in a price range that many can afford.
One of the great things about the Kindle is that you can borrow books from your local library – just like regular books, but in the digital format. If that seems a bit complicated for you, don’t worry. Most libraries are happy to walk you through the process of getting things set up and helping patrons use the ebook lending library.
A Kindle is also so much lighter to take with you than a heavy book. Not everything we read is in a big heavy book form, but many things are. Those books get a tad heavy in your bag. If someone travels a lot or is on the go a lot than not having to lug a book around but still having it available to read is a relief.
The Kindle Paperwhite weight 7.3 ounces – light enough to easily hold in just one hand. It also has an 8 week battery life, amazing. Plus, the readability even in sunlight or dark rooms is really lovely.
Again, think of this for a gift for the bookworm on your shopping list. You do not have to be overly “techy” to enjoy using a Kindle either. This is a top pick for me this upcoming holiday season to recommend. Since it is the first gift idea for the holiday I’m recommending, I am giving one away to one lucky reader![signoff]
The Giveaway: One lucky reader will win a new Kindle Paperwhite!
Required Entry: Leave a comment telling me who on your holiday list a Kindle Paperwhite would be a good gift for and why. (It can be yourself even)
Winners notified by mail only, so make sure I have a way of accessing your email address when you comment.
Extra Entries: The following are all extra things you can do for more entries. Leave an additional comment for each thing you do to earn extra entries.
- Subscribe my feed via and then leave a comment letting me know you have done so. Subscribe to Robyn’s Online World
- Follow @RobynsWorld on Twitter and send a tweet about the giveaway. You can do this one time per day. Leave a direct link to your tweet (instructions here) in your comment for an extra entry for each tweet. Just click the Tweet button below and follow simple instructions
- Follow RobynsWorld on Instagram and leave a comment with your Instagram user name also.
- Follow RobynsWorld on Pinterest and leave a comment with your Pinterest user name also
- Follow Robyn on Google+ by adding me to one of your circles and leave a comment with your Google+ name here.
- Follow Robyn on Facebook (not the same as friending) using the button below and leave a message with your Facebook name.
Rules:You may only enter the stated number of times per method listed above. No entering on behalf of others, using extra identities or others identities, no automated program entries, etc. If I catch you cheating you will be banned from this and all of my future giveaways! This giveaway is only open to those in the USA, ages 18+. All entries must be received by 11:59 pm Central Time on Monday, October 28, 2013. I will pick a winner and email them and they have 48 hours to claim the prize. If no response, I will pick a new winner. Good luck! This giveaway is not sponsored or endorsed by Amazon in any way.
© 2013, Robyn Wright. All rights reserved.