Today is #GivingTuesday and one way you can help is by purchasing handmade items from the World Vision Gift Catalog which supports those in need. A portion of your purchase is even tax deductible. Think about purchasing items like these to give as gifts this holiday season and include information about the charitable aspect of your gift to the recipient as well.
There are lots of charities to pick from, especially this time of year. World Vision offers these tips to help with choosing a charity.
- Find a charity with a track record; review the organization’s IRS tax status, check how it spends money and makes important decisions. Good places to find this information are Charity Navigator and GuideStart.
- Be thoughtful about an organization’s overhead and administrative costs; cost efficiency is an important factor when choosing a charity, but effectiveness is the key.
- Ask questions before you give – visit a charity’s website, send an email, or call if you have concerns.
- See what others are saying about the charity of your choice via social media and trusted online forums.
- Watch for scams; be on your guard for emails that ask for credit card or other personal information. Check the Better Business Bureau Charity Reviews website (http://www.bbb.org/us/charity/) before giving.
This set of hand-carved wooden serving spoons is just one of the items you can purchase to help others. I am happy to provide my readers a chance to win a set of their own as well.
The Giveaway: A set of hand-carved wooden serving spoons
Required Entry: Visit the World Vision Handcrafted Gifts Page and then come back here and leave a comment telling me which item you would be most likely to give this holiday season.
Winners notified by mail only, so make sure I have a way of accessing your email address when you comment.
Extra Entries: The following are all extra things you can do for more entries. Leave an additional comment for each thing you do to earn extra entries.
- Subscribe my feed via and then leave a comment letting me know you have done so. Subscribe to Robyn’s Online World
- Follow @RobynsWorld on Twitter and send a tweet about the giveaway. You can do this one time per day. Leave a direct link to your tweet (instructions here) in your comment for an extra entry for each tweet. Just click the Tweet button below and follow simple instructions
- Follow RobynsWorld on Instagram and leave a comment with your Instagram user name also.
- Follow RobynsWorld on Pinterest and leave a comment with your Pinterest user name also
- Follow Robyn on Google+ by adding me to one of your circles and leave a comment with your Google+ name here.
- Follow Robyn on Facebook (not the same as friending) using the button below and leave a message with your Facebook name.
Rules:You may only enter the stated number of times per method listed above. No entering on behalf of others, using extra identities or others identities, no automated program entries, etc. If I catch you cheating you will be banned from this and all of my future giveaways! This giveaway is only open to those in the USA, ages 18+. All entries must be received by 11:59 pm Central Time on Wednesday, December 18, 2013. I will pick a winner and email them and they have 48 hours to claim the prize. If no response, I will pick a new winner. Good luck!
© 2013, Robyn Wright. All rights reserved.