You all have heard me talk about SkyDrive for a while now, both on my own as a happy customer and as a member of the Windows Champions ambassador team. Well, they have had a name change (long story) and they are now called OneDrive. Same great service and storage, just a different name.
Instead of saving files to your hard drive, you save to your OneDrive. For items you need when you are not online, you can tell it to make available offline as well. Put all of your documents, files, photos, and videos into your OneDrive account as you go and then the most recent version is available to you on all of your devices, or even someone else’s device if you log in via the web. By the way, it even works on Macs.
I really do use OneDrive constantly. Since I work on multiple devices I have access to all of my contracts and documents no matter where I am. When I am with family and friends I always have my latest photos and videos to share with them at my fingertips. If I need to share anything I can easily do that on a per person basis or I can make it public if I want.
If you have hesitated to use a cloud service because you think it is hard, I promise it really is not. Give OneDrive a try and see how it makes your life easier! No more emailing yourself files and pictures either.
There are several other cloud services including Dropbox and Google Drive. I actually have used those. Back in April of 2012 though I switched and have not looked back. I really feel OneDrive is superior to all the others I have tried and it is my main cloud storage service. If you see me in person somewhere you can even ask me to show you all the stuff on my OneDrive. You get 7GB of free storage, that is quite a lot, and there are opportunities to earn more like referring friends (my OneDrive links in this post are my referral links even), trying new products sometimes, and other ways that Microsoft announces.
- You can use OneDrive on Windows, Mac, iOS, Windows Phone, Android, and Xbox
- You can work and collaborate with others across PC, Mac, and web
- You can edit Office docs online at the same time as others you are collaborating with
- You can view and edit your Office documents in your web browser
- You can create and share folders
- You can set your Windows 8.1, Android, iOS, and Windows Phone to automatically back up your photos to OneDrive (I do this and love this feature so much)
- You can make online slide shows and email those slide shows to others.
- You can add captions and geotags to your photos
- You can post your photos to Facebook
- You can make your life easier!
Are you a OneDrive user? If you are what is your favorite feature? If not, why not?
© 2014, Robyn Wright. All rights reserved.