Tell me something about you

by Robyn Wright on March 4, 2014

So I talk all the time here on my blog about my life and what I am doing and things I have tried. But I want to know more about you today!

Tell me something about you…

Do you have a hobby?

Are you planning for something big in your life?

Do you have an unusual job?

Do you have your own blog?

Are you passionate about a certain cause?

Anything at all – share!

© 2014, Robyn Wright. All rights reserved.

1 tannawings March 5, 2014 at 1:07 am

Ahh you likely know about me since I have been following you for a longtime. I am a quilter yes I hand quilt. It kind suffered after 2 hand srgeries but I working on it. I am also passioate about TNR. Oh and I can spell but my typing is horrid and I hate correcting it.

2 Robyn Wright March 5, 2014 at 3:38 pm

But I didn’t know about the quilting! That is very cool – I love quilts but I would never have the patience for something that big. What is TNR?

3 tannawings March 7, 2014 at 6:54 pm

TNR is shorthand for trap/neuter/release. It’s a way to control the cat population and returning them back to their colonies. Alot of folks dont realize it, but if the cats are just trapped an shipped off and destroyed (most ferals do not make for good pets) another group moves in that arent altered and the cycle begins all over . Cats are territorial and there are constant shifts as unaltered males move about looking for mates or to expand territory.

People who do TNR usually try and find homes for those cats who truly arent feral ( house cats who have been abandoned) and also kittens of ferals if they can be caught early enough to be socialized.

TNR is alot of work and is both heartbreaking and joyful. I have done it for about 20 years out of pocket and many times done without when cats are hurt, need vetting (females are expensive to spay) or even in a year like this when it is so cold we run 4 heaters and many more food bowls to keep them warm and fed.

I wouldnt have it any other way though…. there are rewards like purrs and head butts from old tom cats . And for every cat fixed knowing that they wont be a statistic at the pound being destroyed because another human didnt understand that feral cats have a place in this world.

OK I typed a book!

4 Robin March 5, 2014 at 6:22 am

I am particularly passionate about environmental causes–preserving National Parks, conserving wilderness areas, and protecting wildlife habitats. I support the National Park Foundation, the Sierra Club, and the Nature Conservancy (among other venerable groups).

5 Robyn Wright March 5, 2014 at 3:40 pm

That’s awesome Robin! I’m hoping to be able to visit some more of our national parks. We have the Arch here in St. Louis at the Jefferson National Expansion Memorial which is part of the national park system. Have you been?

6 Robin March 6, 2014 at 6:14 am

Yes, I have visited the Arch and memorial in St. Louis–it’s quite a national treasure!

7 Ravzie March 5, 2014 at 8:08 am

As a passionate scuba diver, I am very concerned with the conservation of our oceans and animals. Not only just so I can enjoy seeing the beautiful coral reef environment, but to preserve life on earth!!! Our very survival depends on our waters.

8 Robyn Wright March 5, 2014 at 3:41 pm

I had no idea! Scuba diving is on my list of things to do! I cannot even imagine how beautiful it must be down there! I’ve been watching a show on TLC or DSC recently about our oceans – fascinating!

9 Ravzie March 10, 2014 at 1:23 pm

It truly is wonderful and just about anyone can do it!!! Not as hard as one might think!

10 cat March 5, 2014 at 8:09 am

Hi Robyn,

I am passionate about helping kids and have established Beach4Good to do so. You can read about it and see a slideshow here: https://www.etsy.com/shop/VintageBeach/about

I enjoy reading your blog:)
Cat

11 Robyn Wright March 5, 2014 at 3:44 pm

Very cool Cat! I love the tie in with the classic vacations and doing good at the same time! Your items remind me of the photos and souvenirs my grandparents had. They loved vacationing in Florida and Hawaii!

12 alas3lads March 5, 2014 at 8:22 am

Hi Robyn! We have a big year coming up…my oldest son will turn 21, my only daughter will graduate high school, turn 18, and go away to college (SOB!), my third child will turn 16 and get his driver’s license, and I’m taking a trip to Ireland this summer with my daughter, mom and sister. My daughter is excited because she will get to have her first drink in an Irish pub! (18 is legal drinking age in Ireland). Some things about me…I’m a creature of habit, I do not handle change well at all, I love to read and watch movies, I hate to cook, I love dogs (especially big dogs) and I used to be a registered nurse.

13 Robyn Wright March 5, 2014 at 3:45 pm

Those are lots of big changes with your kids this year! I’m jealous of your trip to Ireland – that is someplace Hubby and I would both like to visit. While I don’t do well at owning dogs, I do like dogs – always thought a giant Great Dane would be awesome!

14 Jay March 5, 2014 at 1:38 pm

I love to save money any way I can. For a hobby, I enjoy using my metal detector, and finding buried treasures (mostly pennies!)

15 Robyn Wright March 5, 2014 at 3:46 pm

That is so cool about the metal detector. I had a little “toy” one from Radio Shack when I was a little girl – so fun! Have you had any other cool finds besides pennies?

16 Marie Moody March 5, 2014 at 2:16 pm

Whoa, that’s a tall order! Well, how about I love being frugal. Hubby has his own band & I’m their agent (I get 20%). I love to Crochet & Read, but never have the time or I’m just not in the mood. I’ve had Spinal Stenosis since 2006 & a few weeks ago I was diagnosed with Fibromyalgia & bursitis in my hips. Sheesh I can’t catch a break. Oh and I have No. 10 grandchild shall be born the end of April or maybe May. It’s a boy. Angelo Russell. Yes, and since I’ve retired as a paralegal I became a blogger on my birthday. My daughter (NightOwlmama) helped me get started cuz she told me about hers & it sounded like fun. I love trying to win things and reviewing and making new friends from all over! hehehe

17 Robyn Wright March 5, 2014 at 3:48 pm

Yay Marie! You told me lots of great stuff. What kind of music does your husband’s band play? Sorry about the recent diagnosis, but at least you have a name for the new stuff now too and that will help with treatment hopefully. Congratulations on all those grandchildren and the newest one on the way. NightOwlMama did a good thing getting you started in blogging :-)

18 Kelly Ann T March 8, 2014 at 7:08 pm

I don’t know if you consider entering contests a hobby, but I like to donate many of the prizes that I win. I also love volunteering for dog rescue and riding my Harley. I will be graduating from college in 8 weeks, I’m planning on going somewhere to celebrate with hubs. I don’t have my own blog at this time. I’m passionate about helping Santa’s Helpers at Christmas time, and donating to rescue groups. I also love to feed the birds all winter, their colors brighten my day.

19 Misty March 15, 2014 at 9:25 pm

I do not have any hobbies really, but recently I have tried couponing (very time consuming), and I do love to bake. Nothing much really planned in my life that I would consider big, just sit around all day and stare at walls. Gets pretty boring. I am waiting on medical diagnosis and disability though. They say I have multiple sclerosis or Lupus. My only job is to watch my kids, which if anyone met them then they would understand why that is defiantly an unusual job; stressful to. I am very passionate about any cause for autism because my oldest daughter has Aspergers Syndrome. I get frustrated with her sometimes because all she ever goes on about is animals (I think she could right a book on just one animal). She is 17, and I have one other younger teenage daughter that will turn 14 in July. They grow up so fast.