Throwback Thursday: The Prom

by Robyn Wright on March 6, 2014

Prom season is upon us. I cannot tell you how many commercials, news stories, and such I have seen about prom dresses already. For today’s Throwback Thursday I thought I would share one of my prom photos and one of Hubby’s.

Robyn and her date - Prom 1988

This is me for my senior prom in 1988. There is a long and odd story about dates for that night but this guy was very nice, but just a blind date actually for me. As I was writing this post Hubby saw this and said “hey you can’t post a picture of you with another guy!” So, I told him I would fix it and I put a little happy face over Brian to make Hubby happy. My poor roses were all drooping by the time we got to have our photo taken that night, they look so sad.

Hubby and his Grandma - Prom season 1988

This is Hubby ready for a prom in 1988 also – although not at the same school. Apparently all white tuxes were in style for the guys in 1988.  He had a girlfriend in another school district at that time so he went to that prom instead of our schools. (Hubby and I have known each other since I was 16.) His Grandma came over to see him all dressed up before he left that night. Hubby loves this picture – and so do I.

If you have any of your prom pictures online I would love to see them too! Share the link in your comment below so I can take a look!

Do you have any kids going to prom this year?

© 2014, Robyn Wright. All rights reserved.

1 yonawilliams March 6, 2014 at 10:51 pm

Pretty dress!

Prom…1996…not my idea of an ideal night…but at least I went for the experience. I have a picture from the waist up that I have on a blog post. Funny thing is…the lil’ piece of person next to me is my Grandma too. She came to see me off, and she was dressed up too (lol)…and matched me…so that’s her and not my date.

2 Marie Moody March 6, 2014 at 10:59 pm

Look at you! You’re gorgeous & you have long hair! I love it. I never went to my Prom. That’s a long boring story, but you look marvelous. Hubby in a white Tux. I remember my son wore a white Tux to his Prom. He was so handsome just like your hubby and I love the picture with his Gramma. Too, too cute! This is funny I have a Post I just put up about my daughter’s Prom if you want to go see it, and there’s a small pic there about her Father/Daughter dance too (there was no dad so my oldest son filled in). Hope you stop by.

3 Robin March 7, 2014 at 6:40 am

All my prom photos are in albums somewhere in my parents’ house; I will have to dig some out next time I visit. Thanks for sharing your fun photos!

4 Ravzie March 7, 2014 at 8:37 am

Oh aren’t you cute??? I didn’t go to a prom. One of the things I didn’t get to do and wouldn’t have liked anyway, LOL. I like the white tuxes.

5 superdumb March 9, 2014 at 8:02 pm

I never went to my own prom but went to four others. I’ll try and dig out some pictures for next week’s #TBT. Sneak peek- mohawk.

6 Candace Parker March 11, 2014 at 1:31 am
7 Candace Parker March 11, 2014 at 12:33 am
8 Misty March 15, 2014 at 9:37 pm

It is my oldest daughters junior year this year and I wish she would go to prom. She says that she does not want to ever go (teenagers can be very frustrating). I do not have to worry about that with my 14 year old though, because that is the kind of stuff she cares about. I wish I would have went to my prom.