Do you have those trips to the store where you need to get a bunch of household staples and it just seems to fill up your entire trunk or it is the heavy and/or awkward stuff? I know I do that at Walmart pretty often. The folks at P&G asked me to try out shopping for some of my household items using Walmart.com. Disclosure: The Walmart gift cards and information have been provided by P&G. Overall it is an easier way to get those household items that I buy in large quantities into the house.
I used the Walmart.com site on my computer to do my shopping, but you can use the Walmart smartphone app as well. It is pretty simple to go to the site and search for what you want and quickly add it to your online cart. Hubby was also able to find a few car care items on the site that our local store does not carry, this made him a happy camper (I will share a post about those later).
- Charmin Ultra Soft Toilet Paper Mega Rolls 18-roll pack
One of those bulky items just because of the size
- Bounty Paper Towels Double Rolls 6-roll pack
Another bulkier item. I would have actually liked a bigger package but they were out of stock at the time I ordered them
- Tide Pods Spring Meadow Detergent, 72-count
This is a smaller size package, but heavier
- Ivory Aloe Bar Soup 10-count
Not to bulky or heavy, but still one less thing to carry in
- Downy Ultra April Fresh Liquid Fabric Softener 90oz
This is a big jug and they can be kind of heavy
- Puffs Ultra Soft & Strong Facial Tissues, 6 family boxes
Allergies have been rough this year, we go through a lot of tissues!
- Purina Cat Chow Indoor Cat Food 22lbs
I have 3 cats and these big bags of cat food are more convenient but they are hard to get in the cart and into the car and then into the house I think
- Meguiar’s Show Car Glaze
- Meguiar’s Ultimate Black
- Meguiar’s Ultimate Quik Detailer
One thing I love is free shipping whenever I order online. At Walmart.com orders over $50 include free shipping. Woohoo! Even if your order is less than $50 you can get free delivery to your local store. That’s nice if they do not stock something at your local store or just for the convenience of placing your order and having them actually pull the order together for you – all you have to do is pick it up in one spot instead of wandering around looking for all of it. On top of that, all of this was delivered right to my door – well actually I have really nice delivery guys and they actually put the box inside my front door for me when I am home.
One small thing that bothered me a little is that my boxes of tissue were smushed a bit on the edges. It did not impact the actual tissue, but I would prefer that not happen.
The cat food was the thing that made me the happiest to have delivered. My cats were very happy too. They always love when I get boxes, but they really liked this one both for the contents and the empty box once I removed it.
You might like to order P&G household items and other supplies like this…
- If you are not able to get out and about easily on your own
- To have delivered to a family member who cannot easily get out on their own
- If you do not have a car and so buying in bulk is kind of difficult since carrying all of this on a bus, subway, bike, or walking home with it all would be an ordeal
- To ship to your vacation home so you do not have to pack it to take along with you
- To ship supplies to your college student who lives out of town
- To send as a housewarming gift for your kids when they move out on their own or really anyone – I mean we all need those basics when we move to a new home and I would love these kinds of supplies more than a plant or something myself
One other feature that I know a lot of people will like is that they offer a variety of payment options which includes Pay with Cash if you do not want to use a credit card online when shopping. I know several people who do not have a credit card or who just do not like to use them online.
All in all a very convenient and easy way to shop and I think I will be using this in the future as well to make my life a little simpler. The folks at P&G are providing me a gift card to give away to one of my readers also so you can try out this method of shopping.
The Giveaway: One lucky reader will win a $25 Walmart Gift Card courtesy of P&G
Required Entry: Leave a comment telling me why shopping online for your P&G household items from Walmart.com might be beneficial to you.
Winners notified by mail only, so make sure I have a way of accessing your email address when you comment.
Extra Entries: The following are all extra things you can do for more entries. Leave an additional comment for each thing you do to earn extra entries.
- Subscribe my feed via and then leave a comment letting me know you have done so. Subscribe to Robyn’s Online World
- Follow @RobynsWorld on Twitter and send a tweet about the giveaway. You can do this one time per day. Leave a direct link to your tweet (instructions here) in your comment for an extra entry for each tweet. Just click the Tweet button below and follow simple instructions
Rules: You may only enter the stated number of times per method listed above. No entering on behalf of others, using extra identities or others identities, no automated program entries, etc. If I catch you cheating you will be banned from this and all of my future giveaways! This giveaway is only open to those in the USA, ages 18+. All entries must be received by NOON central time on Central Time on Friday, August 22, 2014. I will pick a winner and email them and they have 48 hours to claim the prize. If no response, I will pick a new winner.
© 2014, Robyn Wright. All rights reserved.