Mini Apple Tarts Recipe Scentspired by #FebrezeHoliday

by Robyn Wright on November 3, 2014

in Food

Mini Apple Tarts Scentspired by #FebrezeHoliday | RobynsOnlineWorld.com

Even though it is still technically autumn, many of us start planning for the upcoming winter holidays now. I used to be a procrastinator and wait until the last minute for everything but I found that doing that just stressed me out. Now I take the time to plan ahead on activities, crafts, shopping, and recipes I want to do during the season and find that I enjoy it all so much more.

Disclosure: I received product and compensation by SheSpeaks on behalf of Febreze.

Febreze scent (get it) me their latest Febreze Home for the Holidays Collection to help me get started in my holiday planning and be inspired by the scents of Frosted Pine, Apple Tart, Toasted Almond, Vanilla Latte, and Sugared Cranberry. Just like in the Febreze Fall collection I shared with you, they also included an assortment of ideas including the Mini Apple Tarts I am sharing. This is a great dessert idea for holiday meals in portion controlled sizes and you can make it ahead too.

Mini Apple Tarts Scentspired by #FebrezeHoliday | RobynsOnlineWorld.com

The ingredients for the Mini Apple Tart recipe are simple. Apples, wontons, cinnamon, sugar, water, vanilla, cooking spray, a little lemon juice (not shown) and flour.

dice your apples

The longest part of making these is dicing the apples. Make sure you try to keep the size of the pieces consistent for even cooking.

whisk ingredients in pot

Whisk your water, sugar, cinnamon, flour, salt, vanilla, and lemon juice together in a large pot over medium heat until combined.

add apples to mixture and cook

Mix your diced apples into the mixture and continue stirring until the liquid starts to boil. The mixing is important to make sure all the apple pieces are coated with the liquid. Then cover, reduce the heat, and cook for about 15 minutes.

press wontons into muffin tin

While your apples are cooking you can start on the “crust”. Spray a mini-muffin tin with Pam and then gently press one wonton skin into each cup. Wontons are super easier to work with and they are generally found in the refrigerated section of the produce department.

fill wontons with apple mixture

Fill your wonton cups up with the apples.

bake mini apple tarts

Now bake for about 12 minutes. When they come out of the oven let them sit in the muffin tin for a few minutes and then gently left them out and place on a flat surface to finish cooling so the bottom of the wonton will firm up a bit before serving.

Mini Apple Tarts Scentspired by #FebrezeHoliday | RobynsOnlineWorld.com

If you are so inclined you could drizzle some caramel sauce on the top once out of the oven. Other ideas would be to incorporate some fresh cranberries into the apple mixture, top with a sprinkle of sharp cheddar cheese, or serve with a mini scoop of vanilla ice cream of gelato on top of the warm apple tarts.

Think about using the wontons for other appetizers and desserts. Any sweet or savory filling would work in them. Plan ahead by making the filling a day in advance and then just complete the baking of the wontons that you fill the day of your party.

Since I cannot bake these every day I can still enjoy the comforting aroma by using the Febreze Apple Tart products in my home throughout the holiday season. This one I will use in the kitchen for sure. You can see how others are being inspired by #FebrezeHoliday by following @Febreze_Fresh on Twitter.

What scents inspire you for the holidays?

[gmc_recipe 20773]

© 2014, Robyn Wright. All rights reserved.

1 Richard Hicks November 3, 2014 at 10:25 pm

These look really great. Would make a nice treat to take to coworkers!

2 Robyn Wright November 4, 2014 at 4:19 pm

Your coworkers would love it!

3 Robin November 4, 2014 at 7:55 am

Baked apples & cinnamon & vanilla _is_ a fabulous smell combination…and I love serving cute mini desserts at parties. I also love the scent of evergreen (which we will include via candles or Febreze, since we use a fake Christmas tree)!

4 Robyn Wright November 4, 2014 at 4:22 pm

@rkosully22:disqus I use the Febreze Noticeables – those are the ones with 2 scents in one – and they have one that is Pine/Winter that you would love!

5 Karen Goodman November 4, 2014 at 8:05 am

These look wonderful. And built in portion control…unless you each 3 of them like I would be tempted to do!

6 Robyn Wright November 4, 2014 at 4:22 pm

Brad ate several last night when they came out of the oven, T at even more today here and there every time he goes into the kitchen.

7 Natalie S. November 4, 2014 at 3:19 pm

Yum! These look so yummy – I love anything with apples! Definitely going to try this.

8 Robyn Wright November 4, 2014 at 4:23 pm

Please let me know how you like them once you try the recipe @disqus_DQigbK61N4:disqus

9 Natalie S. November 4, 2014 at 4:35 pm

I sure will! Already decided that I will have this with a side of vanilla ice cream ha ha :)

10 tannawings November 5, 2014 at 1:05 am

These look good and using wontons is very clever. I have never used wontons to cook with before but this ight make me chaange my mond about looking for them. I like how they are little and enough for a nice dessert without making a whole pie. I bet they would freeze well too and would look so pretty on special little plates.

11 Robyn Wright November 7, 2014 at 1:27 pm

You should definitely try using wonton skins. They are super easy to work with!

12 AngelaLilly November 5, 2014 at 9:53 am

ZOMG those look so good! I love anything apple like this. My sis-in-law uses those wonton wraps as her lasagna noodles. Like seeing new ways to use easy ingredients like this! As for scents that inspire me during the fall holiday season, anything spicy. I love cinnamon and clove and ginger and any scent that has those elements is for me!

13 Robyn Wright November 7, 2014 at 1:27 pm

Ohhh what a great idea using them in lasagna!

14 AngelaLilly November 8, 2014 at 10:26 am

It wasn’t half bad actually. I found them a bit doughy and thin for my liking, but most people at the dinner really seemed to like them. :-D

15 Brooke November 6, 2014 at 10:54 pm

Love cooking with apples this time of year. I wonder if this would be good with nuts? Or a streusel type topping? My sis and I are looking for something easy and party friendly and these are so cute!

16 Robyn Wright November 7, 2014 at 1:28 pm

Totally try adding nuts or a streusel topping!

17 ambiebac November 7, 2014 at 1:49 pm

Showed this to one of my coworkers. Super easy I think we are going to try for our Office Holiday party coming up next month! Thanks so much for posting!

18 coupontammy November 8, 2014 at 8:24 pm

I have got to try making these. They look amazing! I love that you used WonTon wraps. I am not a huge crust person so these are perfect for me. Plus we have two apple trees so this will help use up some of my apples. Thanks!

19 Dawn Schamp-Monzu April 4, 2015 at 2:05 am

Oh yes! This is something I am trying. I have used wontons before, and they are so easy to use. I was thinking I would sprinkle some powdered sugar over the top of them. Even though it is Spring…I could still enjoy the smell of Autumn in my house. haha Thanks for the recipe!