Meet Annie: Our New Olde English Bulldog

by Robyn Wright on December 31, 2014

Meet Annie, Our New Olde English Bulldog from RobynsOnlineWorld.com

You all know I adore my three cats, Peaches, Lottie, and Ozzie, but now we have added a new furry family member. Meet Annie! We adopted her right before Christmas. It was a totally unexpected adoption. I went to PetSmart to get some gifts for my cats and for other pets in our family and Needy Paws happened to be having an adoption event in the store. I passed by them but right on the end there was Annie just looking up at me and I totally melted. I know you other pet people will understand that pets pick us, we do not pick our pets. I visited with her for a while and even sent a picture via text to Hubby, who also fell in love. Then I went home but less than two hours later I was back at the store ready to start the adoption process. Later that night Annie (the person) from Needy Paws came and did a home visit and approved us and left Annie here with us.

Annie has been in custody of pounds and shelters since August. She has been through a lot, including heartworms! Her primary breed is an Olde English Bulldog and maybe a little Boxer mixed in. She is about four to five years old according to the vets and probably had puppies at one time although she has been fixed now. We are working on training and retraining her on being housebroken, walking on a leash, and being playful. She is so amazingly sweet though and we just love her. The cats are slowly warming up to her as well. They are not quite friends yet, but I really think they are on their way. Annie loves watching TV – seriously – she just stares at it and it is hilarious. She is iffy about other dogs but we are slowly introducing her to her dog relatives in my family. Balls are her favorite toys and she is adorable playing with them. I’ll work on getting some video of that to share with you all.

I am so happy that Annie found us and that we were able to give her a new forever home for the holidays. She really deserves it. I strongly suggest adopting rescued dogs, cats, and any other animal rather than buying from a breeder. There are so many pets out there that have lost their families or never had one that need a good home. Adult animals are great to adopt also, they may require a little more work or a little less work than babies, you just never know, but they are worth it no matter what.

We are looking forward to Annie getting more comfortable with us throughout 2015 and making her feel a part of our family.

Did you get any new pets this holiday season? Do you already have pets? Any tips for us on training Annie?

© 2014, Robyn Wright. All rights reserved.

1 scottsgal December 31, 2014 at 9:31 pm

Congrats on your adorable new addition and thanks for rescuing. We have 2 rescue dogs. In fact our 2 year old dobe/shepherd mix started doggie daycare today to burn off some energy and to socialize. My advise is to socialize Annie and expose her to all kinds of experiences so she’s not afraid or skittish. Enjoy and I look forward to reading more about your adventures with her! Happy new year!

2 Robyn Wright January 3, 2015 at 11:22 am

Thank you. We are big believers in rescue adoptions as well. All of my cats are rescued as well and we even did a rescue guinea pig many years ago. Thank you for the tip for Annie – we are definitely trying to socialize her as she still can be quite skittish at times.

3 Jackie Preas January 1, 2015 at 6:08 am

Annie is simply gorgeous!I think that you are all lucky to have found one another.Hope to see many more pictures of your fur-family :).

4 Robyn Wright January 3, 2015 at 11:22 am

Thanks Jackie! Many more photos to come, I’m sure!

5 AngelaLilly January 2, 2015 at 7:21 am

awwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww so freaking cute! Congrats to her and you! Love this! :-D We have three cats left of the original baker’s dozen we used to have. I have not had a new pet added to our little family since 2005. :-D I have never had a dog, so no tips. Sorry! LOL Again, congrats and thanks for opening up your hearts and home once more to a fur baby in need! xoxo

6 Robyn Wright January 3, 2015 at 11:23 am

Thank you. We just love her. I still consider myself a cat person, but just could not resist Annie when I saw her.

7 AngelaLilly January 3, 2015 at 11:25 am

awww that is just too sweet! :-D My hubby grew up with a dog and I always had cats. We had two dogs for a week each when I was kid, but they didn’t work out with my parents and ended up going to a much better forever home. :-D I have never actually had a dog for any longer than a week. I am def a cat person. I love dogs though. :-D

8 Robyn Wright January 3, 2015 at 6:31 pm

We have tried other dogs along the way, but none of them just “fit” with our family like our Annie does

9 AngelaLilly January 4, 2015 at 10:19 am

That is great! :-D

10 Robin January 2, 2015 at 12:15 pm

Adorable!!!!!!!!! Congratulations on your new family member. I know you’ll provide a wonderful home!!

11 Robyn Wright January 3, 2015 at 11:23 am

Thank you Robin!

12 tannawings January 3, 2015 at 9:36 pm

I think she is pretty nifty looking! It is odd how animals find us… and as animal folks they always seem to! She looks like she would be a great walking buddy too and hnestly nothing beats a stroll with your dog to meet neighbors and see whats happening!

13 Robyn Wright January 11, 2015 at 1:22 pm

She certainly is – all of the dog people on the street have come outside when they see us to meet her even!

14 Ellie W January 4, 2015 at 3:12 pm

I love Annie! Good on you for adopting an animal in need. I had an English Bulldog named Daisy, also adopted around the age of 4. She was super smart, but she had already been trained when we got her. She was such a clown! I miss her terribly. She passed away of heart failure around 8 years old. I hope Annie brings as much joy to your family as Daisy did to ours.

15 Robyn Wright January 11, 2015 at 1:22 pm

Thank you Ellie!

16 Amie January 11, 2015 at 2:24 am

How amazing ! This brings tears to my eyes ! So glad Annie found a loving fur-ever home ! My dog was adopted unexpectedly at Christmas a few years back and it was one of the best things that ever happened to me ! Best wishes to you all ! :D

17 Robyn Wright January 11, 2015 at 1:23 pm

Thank you – we are thrilled she is with us

18 Lori Killeen February 17, 2015 at 12:32 pm

What a great story! Annie is so adorable!

19 Robyn Wright February 17, 2015 at 12:57 pm

Thank you @lorikilleen:disqus!

20 Nate March 7, 2015 at 9:59 am

Good dog and amazing story

21 Dawn Schamp-Monzu May 20, 2015 at 9:07 pm

Oh my Lord, I love the picture with the Santa hat on! She looks like she is so “happy”! hahaha She definitely looks like part of the family. SO CUTE!