INFOGRAPHIC: Seriously Clever Household Hacks That Will Change Your Life

by Robyn Wright on January 31, 2015

infographics logoSo I know the Super Bowl is tomorrow but I thought you might be getting overloaded on things related to the big game. So for this week’s infographic I found a fun one with lots of useful household hacks (tips).

Which tip has new to you? Have you tried any of them? Do you have any of your own to share?

© 2015, Robyn Wright. All rights reserved.

1 Sarah J Jackson January 31, 2015 at 9:23 pm

#8 sounds like it would make a nice lemon smell in the kitchen , I like that idea
thanks this is a nice little read

2 Robyn Wright February 1, 2015 at 11:48 am

Glad you liked it Sarah

3 The Real Chozn1 January 31, 2015 at 9:58 pm

Totally going to use the WiFi hack to get my kids to help out more!
And gonna try the lemon in the microwave hack

4 Robyn Wright February 1, 2015 at 11:49 am

I wish I would have known the WiFi tips when my son was younger!

5 shellypeterson January 31, 2015 at 10:35 pm

Wow these are awesome ideas. I really need to clean my microwave, I am so going to try that idea. I love the idea of using a old lotion bottle as a tap extender.

6 Robyn Wright February 1, 2015 at 11:49 am

The microwave trick really works – I’ve done this myself for a long time

7 Robin February 1, 2015 at 9:31 am

I am a terrible housekeeper and don’t know any tricks. I will definitely try the rubber bands to keep clothes on hangers, because it drives me crazy when shirts fall off the hangers!

8 Robyn Wright February 1, 2015 at 11:51 am

I’ve not tried the rubber bands myself but have used the spring type clothespins on hangers. The problem with that is the do get lost – the bands would just live there and do a better job I think

9 coupontammy February 1, 2015 at 9:49 pm

I love the lemon in the microwave trick. I have been doing that for a few years now and every time I do it, I think whoerver came up with it is a genius! I also like the one about taking the WiFi away. Lol I would have a mutiny on my hands!

10 Robyn Wright February 2, 2015 at 10:50 am

A mutiny would happen here as well!

11 Nicolthe pickle February 2, 2015 at 5:47 am

I did not know about cleaning the microwave with water and lemon. I detest cleaning the microwave. It’s even worse than the fridge.
Thank you, I’m going to try it.

12 Robyn Wright February 2, 2015 at 10:50 am

YOu will love how easy it is

13 AngelaLilly February 2, 2015 at 10:46 am

SO many GREAT ones here! I have not used ANY of them either! One of my favs is the newspaper in the bottom of the can and the lemon/water steam for the microwave! Love it!

14 Robyn Wright February 2, 2015 at 10:51 am

I love the newspaper in the trash can too. We always have “someone” putting liquid in the trashcan… grrrr

15 AngelaLilly February 2, 2015 at 10:55 am

For me, it is the wet coffee grounds that make a mess. Now, if only I got the paper! LOL

16 ginette4 February 2, 2015 at 1:28 pm

I love hacks…my favourite and I’ll be using it for sure is putting a duvet cover on..I can never do that…oh can you find how to fold a fitted sheet..that one is a pita (pain in the *ss lol

17 Robyn Wright February 5, 2015 at 3:32 pm

After I posted this I saw another duvet hack on the Today Show about rolling it which also looked pretty interesting!

18 ginette4 February 6, 2015 at 2:40 pm

Still haven’t found a folding a fitting sheet hack..my fitted sheet folding looks like I rolled it up and pressed down on it to remove the air..lol

19 tannawings February 3, 2015 at 3:26 pm

I have used several although the one with plastic bags I use a tote thats hung up and pull them out of there (I use them as trash bags because they are the perfect size) The steaming one I use all the time,

20 Robyn Wright February 5, 2015 at 3:33 pm

We end up with bags in bags in bags here – Going to save a Kleenex box for this though because now we use bags to pick up after the dog.

21 marlibu February 5, 2015 at 12:52 pm

I love love these! Shake it off

22 coupcrazy February 6, 2015 at 8:47 am

I love the tissue box on the door for shopping bags! Great idea!

23 Karen Goodman March 1, 2015 at 11:56 am

I had a former client who did the laundry basket trick. Every member of the family (5 of them) had 2 laundry baskets with their names on them. One sat in their bedroom to toss the dirty clothes and one was in the laundry room for the clean clothes. Once a week, everyone brought down their basket and swapped the dirty clothes for the clean clothes. She swore it worked great.

24 Robyn Wright March 24, 2015 at 4:44 pm

When I lived at home my mom had a laundry basket for all of us by the washer/dryer with clean clothes for us to each put away plus we had a big laundry line down there and she hung up a lot of our clothes too.