INFOGRAPHIC: Well Being and De-cluttering

by Robyn Wright on January 17, 2015

infographics logoThis week Hubby and I tackled our “junk room” in the house and made significant progress. It is amazing how much stuff you accumulate in 20 years! Then yesterday during the weekly #VZWBuzz party our topic was about being more productive and one of the ways to do that is to not have things in a cluttered or disorganized state. For that reason I found this infographic for today showing the relationship between our well being and de-cluttering.

Do you agree with the infographic? Are you a clutter person, neat freak, or do you fall somewhere in between?

Well-Being & De-Cluttering Infographic

Infographic source: Maid Brigade

© 2015, Robyn Wright. All rights reserved.

1 Leela January 17, 2015 at 2:31 pm

It is hard being an organized person in a house full of unorganized people. I spend way too much time doing this.

2 Robyn Wright January 17, 2015 at 3:13 pm

Had to laugh when I read this only because I’m unorganized, but in a house full of other unorganized people too. One of my cats, Peaches, seems to be the only organized creature here – she likes to keep her toys neat.

3 tannawings January 17, 2015 at 5:53 pm

I am a mess. Hubby and I both love auctions and we are always bring stuff home. I think the other problem is we both grew up without much and caant bear to throw things away. We throw something away and it never fails we need it soon after. I seriously need to declutter and we have been working on it.

4 Robyn Wright January 18, 2015 at 6:29 pm

I love auctions but avoid them for the same reason!

5 brendashandmade January 17, 2015 at 6:11 pm

I am in between. I definitely think it’s true that women declutter before they clean. I definitely find myself doing that.

6 Robyn Wright January 18, 2015 at 6:30 pm

My Hubby just piles everything in drawers and closets when he cleans, it makes me crazy

7 coupontammy January 17, 2015 at 10:21 pm

I am in the middle. I try to keep up with it and it drives me crazy when I feel like it’s out of control. I was surprised the kitchen is #4 on the list. It would be #1 on my list. My kitchen counter always has tons of school papers, mail all kinds of misc papers. This is perfect timing for me. My resolution this year is to get organized! :)

8 Robyn Wright January 18, 2015 at 6:30 pm

Our kitchen table is the catch-all at our house. It was like that at my parents house and my grandparents house too

9 Amie January 18, 2015 at 1:02 am

I’m not really bad , but just a notch under the middle , lol ! I try so hard , but the more I try the worse it seems to get !

10 Robyn Wright January 18, 2015 at 6:31 pm

I understand that. I told Hubby I think we are finally out of room and we need a bigger house now

11 Robin January 18, 2015 at 9:02 am

I definitely agree that clutter causes anxiety and that my home office is the most difficult room to keep clutter-free. I am certainly not a neat freak, but I am a huge fan of filing cabinets!

12 Robyn Wright January 18, 2015 at 6:31 pm

I’m getting ready to get a new filing cabinet myself!

13 Rachel W. Lewter January 18, 2015 at 11:03 am

I agree wholeheartedly that clutter can lead to wasted time & high anxiety levels. I’m working on my 30 day habit changing to de-clutter.
Thanks for the info!

14 Robyn Wright January 18, 2015 at 6:31 pm

Awesome! Good luck with your new good habit!

15 Nicolthe pickle January 19, 2015 at 5:25 am

It is so true about being stressed and clutter. It starts my morning all wrong if I come down and the dining room table is full of stuff. So much nicer to spend that little extra time and do it in the evening.

16 Robyn Wright January 19, 2015 at 6:03 pm

I just cleaned off the kitchen table yesterday and told everyone to please stop putting stuff on it. Hopefully we can break that bad habit.

17 Jeannine S January 19, 2015 at 8:05 am

I can see being stressed and clutter. I am in the process of packing up our house and the clutter I am running into is stressing me out. I like things neat and organized and so looking forward to when we move and I get rid of alot of stuff in our house

18 Robyn Wright January 19, 2015 at 6:04 pm

Moving can be so stressful! Just remember, the more you get rid of before you move the less you have to actually move and unpack :-)

19 TheresaJenkins January 19, 2015 at 11:29 pm

I’m a grandma nanny to our 5 grandkids and now helping with 2 set’s of ageing parents … right now we are decluttering my parents home and after 60 yrs together they’ve acquired quite a bit.. it’s really making a big difference to me anyway. it’s less to clean, to walk around or trip over, cleaned all the counters off I can be at my home and not worry about them

20 Robyn Wright January 20, 2015 at 1:18 pm

You sound super busy taking care of so many. I know when both of my grandparent’s homes were cleaned out we were amazed at the amount of stuff they had too

21 AngelaLilly January 20, 2015 at 9:07 am

I HATE clutter. I keep a very tidy home. We also clean out the entire home at least once a year and get rid of anything we are tired of or no longer using and donate or recycle it. When things start to stack up, I get very cranky. LOL

22 Robyn Wright January 20, 2015 at 1:18 pm

Well make sure if you come to St. Louis we meet somewhere other than my home because it would make you cranky :-)

23 AngelaLilly January 22, 2015 at 9:47 am

LOL!!!!! Other people’s clutter doesn’t make me cranky…a little OCD but I hide it well. LOL

24 Robyn Wright January 22, 2015 at 11:03 am

I so wish we lived near each other – I think we would be good friends in the real world :-)

25 AngelaLilly January 22, 2015 at 11:07 am

I 1000% agree! If you are ever in the Columbus Ohio area, be sure to reach out to me! I would love to meetup! :-D

26 Sarah J Jackson January 22, 2015 at 1:50 pm

I love this ! my anxiety skyrockets every time I look in a closet around here and see all the things that have to be sorted , then I close the door and walk away because I feel like i cant face it …. think Ill tackle one and feel better

27 rparis February 2, 2015 at 7:46 am

I need an over haul in de-cluttering. Most of my clutter is hiding away in closets and cabinets,

28 Mcm February 2, 2015 at 7:35 pm

I use to tackle clutter and follow more in the the middle of chart but since having kids clutter is definitely more of issue, along with any other cleaning tasks!

29 Robyn Wright February 17, 2015 at 12:54 pm

Yes, kids give you more time to love but less time to clean

30 Tooth Fairy February 9, 2015 at 7:28 pm

My new years resolution was to declutter and I am proud to say I have made a real decent start in my sewing room! YAY… Last year I organized and painted a bedroom closet..Baby steps since I find it difficult to part with “stuff”. Slowly but surely…

31 Robyn Wright February 17, 2015 at 12:54 pm

Awesome!

32 ginette4 February 16, 2015 at 12:03 pm

I have a back room that needs to be tackled..honestly how does somehow accumulate so much stuff…I go in there and I have no idea where to start..I know that I should pull everything out of the room then decide to either keep it or toss it..but the job seems like a mountain..it’s exhausting just thinking about it. :(

33 Robyn Wright February 17, 2015 at 12:55 pm

I understand that overwhelming feeling!

34 Lori Killeen February 17, 2015 at 12:32 pm

Great infographic! I am thinking of ways to declutter as we speak!

35 Robyn Wright February 17, 2015 at 12:56 pm

I’ve started a Pinterest board with lots of ideas I’ve come across – you might find some of the ideas useful https://www.pinterest.com/robynsworld/organizing-my-life/

36 Dawn Schamp-Monzu March 30, 2015 at 7:35 pm

You know, I think at some time or another everyone needs to de-clutter their home! Like you said, it is amazing how much stuff you accumulate! I am kinda unorganized, but at work I’m the complete opposite! What is up with that? haha Thanks for the great info in your posts! God bless!

37 Sandy Klocinski May 31, 2015 at 2:33 pm

I think I am somewhere in between. I fail to keep a
Good Housekeeping-worthy, neat-as-a-pin house. My own mother liked to
remind me that as a child, I would leave clean clothes slung over a desk
chair in my room (also, I would wash everything but the pots but that’s
another story. Sorry, mom.)

38 Robyn Wright January 22, 2015 at 11:11 am