Purina Beggin’ Pet Parade in St. Louis at Mardi Gras on February 8

by Robyn Wright on January 25, 2015

in St. Louis

St. Louis Things to DoHey St. Louis pet people! Do you know about the Purina Beggin’ Pet Parade during the Mardi Gras celebration on February 8? This is the 22nd annual parade!pparade_logo

Along with the #BegginPetParade there will be free Blue Traveler concert after the parade, games, Weiner dog races and costume contests. For each of the costume winners the winner gets their choice of $1,000 or a St. Louis Cardinals ticket package. Categories include “best sports personality”, “best Mardi Gras”, and “best celebrity look-alike”costumes.

The fee to register is $10 per pet but all the proceeds benefit Open Door Animal Sanctuary. You can register in advance or the day of the event.

We would love to take our new dog, Annie, to the parade but she is still nervous around other dogs. This is something we are going to work with her on so she can have some doggy play dates and be ready for this event next year.

mardi gras stlFor those without pets be sure to check out all of the other Mardi Gras events happening in St. Louis this year from January 6 through February 17. There is something for everyone including a wine, beer, and whiskey taste, a Cajun cook-off, the Mayor’s Mardi Gras Ball, a few races and several parades!

Will you be attending the Beggin’ Pet Parade or any other Mardi Gras events this year?

© 2015, Robyn Wright. All rights reserved.

1 Robin January 26, 2015 at 9:01 am

The Beggin’ Pet Parade sounds fun! We were invited to a Mardi Gras party.
The invitation says: “Please join us on February 21st for a Mardi Gras pot luck.
Everyone is asked to bring one Cajun dish of their choice. We will have
a big pot of something, a case of Abita Mardi Gras Bock, and an endless
supply of Hurricanes.” ….so I need to come up with a Cajun dish to bring!

2 Robyn Wright January 26, 2015 at 12:58 pm

How fun! There are some recipes on my post from a few years ago for a Zatarain’s Mardi Gras House Party I had http://www.robynsonlineworld.com/2010/02/zatarains-house-party-recap/

3 Robin January 27, 2015 at 8:16 am

Great–I’ll check out the recipes. Thank you!

4 AngelaLilly January 26, 2015 at 11:34 am

Aww that is so cool! No, we will not be participating in any events, but we do try to, at least, get a yummy King Cake to eat each year. My hubby grew up in NOLA, so this event is close to his heart. :-D

5 Robyn Wright January 26, 2015 at 12:59 pm

I didn’t know you grew up in NOLA! That is a city I would love to visit!

6 AngelaLilly January 26, 2015 at 3:13 pm

Not me, my husband. :-D I have never been there. He lived down there from the age of 2.5 until 7 or 8 though. Remembers how the alligators would come up into his neighbor’s lawn and she would try to scare them away with a garden hose, but, of course, they just loved that and didn’t move! LOL

7 Robyn Wright January 26, 2015 at 4:37 pm

My grandparents lived in Florida for a bit and they had a small lake behind their house that had alligators. Scared me to death – I never went in the backyard there!

8 AngelaLilly January 27, 2015 at 7:35 am

LOL I don’t blame you! He has memories of armadillos, too. So neat. I have seen gaters in SC many times sunning themselves near marshes and golf course water pools. SO freaky! If I saw something like that in Ohio, I would freak the F out. LOL!!!

9 tannawings January 26, 2015 at 3:34 pm

I love that Purina is doing this! They really go all out to stay involved with the community and what I like best is they really do donate to shelter pets. Nope not doing anything for Mardi Gras, I wish we were!

10 Robyn Wright January 26, 2015 at 4:35 pm

Purina is based here in St. Louis so are pet community definitely gets some perks for that I think. You will have to thrown your own little Mardi Gras at your house!

11 ginette4 February 6, 2015 at 2:36 pm

I did not know anything about this..wow 22nd annual parade, always wanted to go to Mardi Gras, one day i’m sure I’ll get there but there are so many others placing that I want to go to first..but this sounds so amazing, only if I live closer.