Top 10 Reasons I Love the Surface Pro 3 Tablet

by Robyn Wright on January 27, 2015

in Tech

Surface Pro 3 Tablet - Top 10 Reasons I Love It!  |  RobynsOnlineWorld.com

Have I mentioned lately how much I love my Surface Pro 3 tablet? Well, I really do! Today I’m sharing the top 10 reasons why I love it so much. Just as a reminder I am a #MicrosoftBlogger (formerly #WindowsChampions) and I receive perks for being a part of that but my opinions about Microsoft devices and services are entirely my own.

1. The Surface Pro 3 Really Can Replace a Laptop
    You may have seen this in their ads, but it really is true. The last several trips I took only my Surface Pro 3 and no laptop and I was able to do everything I needed. This is the first tablet I have truly been able to say that about.
  2. The Surface Pro 3 Pen (stylus)
    I really need to find more ways to use the stylus more often. It truly feels like you are writing with a pen, not a jumpy stylus like we have had on other devices. If you have a chance to use a Surface Pro 3 from a friend or at a store be sure to try out the Pen also.
  3. Kickstand
    This is one of those little extras on the Surface Pro 3 that makes a huge difference. Unlike other tablets, the Surface Pro 3 has a built in kickstand that lets you have it stand up, and in multiple positions even, without buying anything extra at all. Not only does it help it stand up but it also makes it easier to hold in your hand I think.
  4. Operating System
    I am a huge fan of the Windows operating system and I love that the Surface Pro 3 is built on that. This makes it even easier for me to work between my desktop and my Windows Phone.
  5. Color Choice for Keyboards
    I love that there are multiple keyboard colors to go along with the Surface Pro 3. Mine (I won it) came with a black keyboard but with my Christmas money I bought myself a red keyboard which I love!Microsoft Surface Pro 3 Tablet Features  |  RobynsOnlineWorld.com
  6. Full Operating System
    While I loved my previous Surface RT tablets, they RT operating system wasn’t the full Windows which made it have some limitations. With the Surface Pro 3 it has full Windows 8.1 on it which means I can do anything, including installing other programs, that I can do on my desktop.
  7. Touchscreen
    I love having the touchscreen capability on my Surface Pro 3 along with the ability to still use a keyboard, mouse, or stylus. Different applications work better, for me, with one input or another and touchscreen is a big one that I use.
  8. Lots of Ports
    The best one is a full-size USB 3.0 port which means I can connected a mouse, printer, 4G USB dongle, or lots of other devices and accessories. It also features a microSD card slot, mini DisplayPort, charging port and the cover port (keyboard).
  9. Cameras
    The Surface Pro 3 has both a front and rear-facing camera. I do not take a ton of pictures with my tablets but I love using it for video chats, Skype calls, and even recording videos. There is also a privacy light so you know when the camera is actually on for extra security.
  10. Lots of App Choices
    I have been able to find some amazing apps to use on my Surface Pro 3. People knock the Microsoft app store too much I think. There are so many options and so many unique apps and they work on my desktop and/or Windows Phone as well.

The one thing I wish the Surface Pro 3 had that it does not is the ability to add a SIM card so that I could add one from Verizon. I can easily tether it to my Verizon smartphones or personal Wi-Fi but I just find it easier to have a SIM card in my tablets. Regardless of this drawback, I still think the Surface Pro 3 is an amazing device and I recommend it highly!

Do you have a Surface Pro 3? What is your favorite feature? If you do not have one yet, what feature do you think you would love the most?

© 2015, Robyn Wright. All rights reserved.

1 Sarah J Jackson January 27, 2015 at 8:53 pm

Id love one of these , would be great to take with you anywhere because of its size and weight … hello capabilities ! I may have to go try one out

2 Robyn Wright February 1, 2015 at 11:53 am

Definitely try one out! They have them at local Microsoft stores and I know Best Buy has them in store also.

3 shellypeterson January 28, 2015 at 5:34 am

This is really nice. It’s great you can go the same use of a laptop from this with a great sleek design.

4 Robyn Wright February 1, 2015 at 11:53 am

Yes – so much thinner and lighter than a laptop!

5 Nicolthe pickle January 28, 2015 at 6:03 am

I like that it has a Windows operating system. So much easier.

6 Robyn Wright February 1, 2015 at 11:53 am

woohoo! I love Windows OS too

7 AngelaLilly January 28, 2015 at 9:59 am

That is really cool. I did not know that they were basically a miniature PC. I mean, with it having the whole op system, it is basically a PC! VERY cool! I do not have one. I have an iPad Air. I def would love having the keyboard!

8 Robyn Wright February 1, 2015 at 11:54 am

Many compare the Surface Pro 3 and the iPad Air and even Apple users I know have said they prefer the Surface!

9 AngelaLilly February 1, 2015 at 12:46 pm

That is wild! Most of my friends are either all Apple or all non-apple. I am a mixture and don’t have loyalty to either OS. LOL I will say that my iPad Air is WAY better than the Kindle Fire HD, which was a POS in my experience, but I have not tried any other tablets besides these two.

10 Robyn Wright February 1, 2015 at 12:59 pm

Hard to compare the Kindle Fire HD with the iPad Air – very different animals. You know me – my first love is always Microsoft.

11 AngelaLilly February 2, 2015 at 8:29 am

It is and it isn’t. In my experience, all tablets pretty much do the same things, unless you are getting into something like you wrote about in this post. So, when I compare what I am able to do on my iPad vs what I could do on my Kindle, they are almost identical. I think the major difference, in my experience at least, is quality of the product and just the OS. The Kindle was horrible. I went thru 3 of them in 6 months and finally just demanded a full refund. With my iPad, zero issues since I bought it nearly a year ago. It was def worth the extra $100. I was trying to save money by getting the Kindle, by it being cheaper and using Amazon GCs I had won/earned online. It was NOT worth it though. LOL And, yes, you are def a Microsoft woman. LOL! I like my PC and my tablet. PC is windows based and tablet is Apple. LOL

12 coupontammy January 28, 2015 at 10:45 pm

I am so Jealous!! I want a Surface Pro 3 so bad! I love that it can replace a laptop. Plus I am a huge Windows fan also. This is my dream tech gadget. Love it!

13 Robyn Wright February 1, 2015 at 11:54 am

There is a giveaway on the Surface FB page that ends today I think – make sure you go enter!

14 coupontammy February 1, 2015 at 9:16 pm

Oh I did. Thank you though. :)

15 tannawings January 29, 2015 at 7:51 pm

Nope dont have one yet one day I am hoping to have one . I like all of the ports no other ‘tablet ‘ has that and I also like how whan the keyboard is there it is like a laptop. With the ports it menas you could use a laptop mouse I love that a lot.

16 Robyn Wright February 1, 2015 at 11:55 am

Yes – I use a Microsoft Wedge mouse with my Surface Pro 3. It is really small but yet still fits in your hand well and works wonderfully. People are always shocked by it.

17 crobby February 2, 2015 at 11:07 pm

Looks awesome, I haven’t heard if it is upgradeable or not.

18 Robyn Wright February 13, 2015 at 4:40 pm

Everything is upgradable, at least to a certain extent

19 Carolyn Barnett February 13, 2015 at 2:27 pm

I love the look of this tablet and it looks like it would be easier to carry around!

20 Robyn Wright February 13, 2015 at 4:40 pm

Yes, very easy to carry around!

21 GlArthy February 15, 2015 at 10:31 pm

very slick looking and love the light weight. Will an owner come forward?

22 missdonna March 13, 2015 at 6:01 pm

I saw these when they first came out and LOVED that they are Microsoft. I have this Kindle –it was a gift –and there are so many things that I miss being able to do without having to think about it. Microsoft platforms are so much more familiar. Besides, Microsoft is what’s mostly used in business. Standardization would be quite helpful for me.

23 Robyn Wright March 13, 2015 at 6:43 pm

Yes, that is the thing, Microsoft platforms are still so familiar to the masses. That is why I love the Microsoft tablets and phones!

24 Dawn Schamp-Monzu March 25, 2015 at 2:48 pm

I have been wanting some kind of tablet for a very long time! I’ve been trying to win one for a long time too! I have been researching the right one for me, and I think I really want this Surface Pro 3! It literally does everything! When I had an iPad a long time ago, I had to use that for certain things, but I still needed my laptop for other things. This would be so great to use for everything!!! Thank you so much for the information!