Wheel of Fortune Turns 40 Today Plus Wheel of Fortune Mobile Apps

by Robyn Wright on January 6, 2015

in Tech

Celebrate Wheel of Fortune Turning 40 with Wheel of Fortune Mobile Apps

Today is the 40th birthday of the television game show, Wheel of Fortune. It premiered on TV on January 6, 1975. It amazes me it has been that long already! My family has been watching for years and years. Remember the days of when a player won a round they did the shopping spree? I kind of miss that actually, maybe they should do a throwback week and have those shopping sprees just for that week. There were lots of those Dalmatian dog statues back then.

To celebrate The Wheel’s birthday I thought I would share with you that they have apps you can play on your devices. So maybe you don’t win real cash prizes, but hey solving the puzzles is still fun.

• Wheel of Fortune Mobile App
    Available for iOS and Android devices
    Play through 30 years of Wheel of Fortune’s rich history on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch as well as Kindle Fire or Android. Take a spin through Solo Mode with Pat Sajak as your host or challenge your friends and family with Pass & Play.Wheel of Fortune Mobile App for iOS and Android
  • Wheel of Fortune Cubed
    Available for iOS devices
    Play Wheel of Fortune with an all-new twist! Spin the wheel and solve the cube in this crossword-inspired puzzle from the creators of Wheel of Fortune. It’s a new take on Wheel, where the game board is now a cube you complete by decoding clever clues. With THOUSANDS of randomized puzzle combinations and two addicting gameplay modes, the possibilities are endless. Challenge your friends to spin the iconic wheel and solve the cube, or race the clock in a fast-paced single player mode, Cube Rush.
  • Wheel Ringtones
    Download ringtones (about halfway down page)
    Yep, if you are really into The Wheel download these fun ringtones of the sounds we hear on the show each night.

Are you a Wheel of Fortune fan? Have you tried any of the mobile apps yet?

….oh and Pat, I’d like to buy a vowel please…

© 2015, Robyn Wright. All rights reserved.

1 tannawings January 6, 2015 at 10:32 pm

I liked it for maybe 5 years now the sound of it drives me nuts and I have to change the channel. I mean someone has to like it, but I dont but it might be that wheel making that noise :)

2 Robyn Wright January 8, 2015 at 3:19 pm

then you definitely wouldn’t want those Wheel of Fortune ringtones LOL

3 Robin January 7, 2015 at 8:18 am

I have not watched Wheel of Fortune in years, but my grandma was always a big fan.
It’s definitely one of those shows that has longevity going for it!

4 Robyn Wright January 8, 2015 at 3:19 pm

My parents always were big game show fans so I grew up with watching them and they stuck with me too

5 coupontammy January 7, 2015 at 8:36 am

I can’t believe it is 40 years old! That must mean I am getting older! I do remember the shopping sprees! A throw back week would be fun to see. I will have to check out the mobile app. Not so sure I would like the Cubed version.

6 Robyn Wright January 8, 2015 at 3:20 pm

I’m glad I’m not the only one who remembers, and would like to see a throwback week, of the shopping sprees!

7 Betsy Barnes January 7, 2015 at 9:17 am

I used to watch Wheel of Fortune all time with my grandmother. I was not aware or the app, definitely would be fun.

8 Robyn Wright January 8, 2015 at 3:20 pm

Hope you like the app if you try it @disqus_4keZ6CKlWc:disqus

9 AngelaLilly January 7, 2015 at 9:39 am

I have not tried any of the apps, but my hubby used to have the PC game and loved it. He is a big fan of this show, but I never really got into it. Overall, I hate games and game shows though. LOL I still can’t believe it’s been 40 years! I honestly thought that this show started when I was a kid. Well, it did, but I was only 1. I thought it was later than that. LOL

10 Robyn Wright January 8, 2015 at 3:21 pm

OMG you hate games and game shows? Tsk, tsk! I adore them! Maybe you just haven’t found the right game?

11 AngelaLilly January 8, 2015 at 3:23 pm

LOL no, it’s…complicated. LOL Now, with game shows, like on TV, they just bore me. But, with games you play with people at your home, it brings out the beast in me. I am VERY competitive and I HATE it. I hate how it makes me act and feel. I become nasty and immature and just yucky. So, I avoid playing games for this reason. Believe me, it is for everyone’s benefit. LOL

12 Robyn Wright January 8, 2015 at 3:40 pm

I understand. I’m actually pretty competitive with playing games too – everyone in the family is so we are kind of used to it. The newer game shows I have a harder time watching because they waste so much time, but I still love reruns of old game shows. Match Game is probably my favorite to watch in reruns.

13 AngelaLilly January 9, 2015 at 9:21 am

I used to love Hollywood Squares when I was a kid. LOL I also DO love Cards Against Humanity and Heads Up, so I guess there are some games I like…but they are fun and not about who wins. :-D

14 Sara C January 8, 2015 at 8:52 pm

I’m a wheelie! I really got hooked when they started the giveaways for wheel members. I have the app on my phone. I love all kinds of games.

15 GlArthy January 10, 2015 at 11:22 pm

i watch almost nightly @ dinner time.

16 Amie January 12, 2015 at 1:39 am

Awesome , I was just looking for a good new game to play !

17 Nate March 22, 2015 at 10:14 am