Life is hard, but I will be okay

by Robyn Wright on March 5, 2015

Today I am going to share what has been happening with my life as a mom. For those that may read this and wonder why I am sharing these kinds of things on my blog for anyone to read, it is because I know I am not the only one these things happen to. Sharing here helps 1) me by letting it out and 2) others who have had similar situations because it helps to know we are not alone.

In August of 2013 Hubby and I asked (told) our son to leave. I could not ever have imagined I would do that, I love my son more than anything, but it was necessary. T has a lot of “stuff” and he could not follow the biggest rule of all in our house which was to be respectful to his parents. He was on his own for about a year and really struggled. He had moved in with his girlfriend and her parents but that wasn’t a great situation and then the entire family had to move. Hubby and I decided we would try and let him come back home thinking maybe he had learned a bit in the past year. Not only did we let him come home in August of 2014, but we let his girlfriend come with him. I also never imagined I would be “that mom” who let a teenage son have a teenage girlfriend live with them in their home. But whatever, it was what we felt was the best decision at the time.

We met with them before they moved back. Gave them a printed list of rules we expected them to follow, how much “rent” they had to pay (we actually just saved it for them), and what chores we expected them to do around the house. I never expected them to be perfect, no one is, especially teens. But they kept having issues. We would have another family meeting. They promised they would do better. They did do better for a week or so. Then back to the same problems. Finally a month ago there was a big event that went way out of bounds of the rules and I gave them a 30-day notice to move out.

So for the past month things have been more stressful than usual. I have been trying so hard to just let things slide and keep things calm until March 5 came, the move-out date. T has been stressed out about the move this entire time which only fuels his temper and his bipolar and anxiety which he refuses to take medication for. I understand his stress – there is more going on than I am even sharing. BUT it is so hard to be a mom and watch your child being upset and trying to help, but only help so much because they have to learn too. Unfortunately he has been really “not nice”, and that is being extremely kind, to me the last couple of weeks.

Today was moving out day. Hubby even took a day off of work, unpaid, to help them move since he has a truck. Just like last night, there was lots of stress, lots of yelling from T, lots of tension in the house, plus today lots of noise. Things being moved, him being upset and slamming things around, him yelling.

I ran out to pick up lunch for everyone between trips to their new place. While we were eating Hubby was trying to offer T some suggestions about getting his car fixed (yep, it’s broke down in the middle of all of this too). T had a hard time listening and Hubby had a hard time understanding T was having trouble. I asked them both to stop it. T got up and went into his room and started throwing things around again. I walked in and very calmly asked him to please settle down and not throw things. He started yelling at me. I said, very firmly, SHUT UP. His response….FUCK OFF.

I walked away.

I went to my bedroom. I stayed there until after they left.

Once again, my son moving out did not end on a positive note. I hate that those were his last words to me.

I do know that deep down T really loves me. Really, I do.

The mommy in me wants to protect him. The mom in me wants him to understand and learn and be responsible. It is so super hard to balance those two things.

I have my own “stuff” too. It is something I am continually working on with my therapist. I’m sure my “stuff” contributed to some of T’s “stuff”. Therapists that are awesome at their job are worth their weight x 1000 in gold by the way!

Hubby also has his own “stuff”. (Stuff is the word our therapist uses – we use it a lot in our own talking now too.) This means that it makes it hard for Hubby to be supportive of me, right now, when he is upset. It’s a very tangled web.

So, what do I do? Well, last night I went on Facebook and Twitter and asked my friends to send hugs. Even though not the same as physical hugs, those kind words and virtual hugs really can help so much. I also called my cousin – who is more like a little sister to me – and talked to her. I cried to her really, but she understood. It helped. Today I’m trying to take care of me, to walk away from the stress when I can.

I will be okay. I do know that, but it doesn’t make it any easier right now.

On top of that, I was supposed to go to the Midlife Bloggers Conference this weekend but weather is preventing me from attending. I could have used that break!

But I will be okay.

T and his girlfriend are now at their new place (with one of her family members). I hope they will be okay. I still love my son more than anything else in the world but I know I cannot do everything for him. I have to let him make mistakes and learn from them. I know he will eventually apologize to me. I will accept his apology.

I will be okay.

P.S. I will be adding to the Kleenex fortune during this process. Man I can cry a lot of tears!

© 2015, Robyn Wright. All rights reserved.

1 Clarissa March 5, 2015 at 5:14 pm

Wow! Now I am crying. Thank you so much for sharing this. Sometimes in life we think that we are the only ones who deal with or go through things and then I read something like this and I realize that we aren’t alone in this world. It is truly brave of you to share your experience and I am giving you a standing ovation for doing so. Life is hard. There are choices that we make and sometimes don’t know if they are right or wrong, but we follow our heart and hope for the best. My thoughts are with you and your family and in hopes that someday your son will realize that you have always tried to help him and do things based upon love.

2 Robyn Wright March 5, 2015 at 5:17 pm

Thank you @disqus_wVC5YifxhF:disqus – now I’m crying again after reading your comment. Thank you so much!

3 tannawings March 5, 2015 at 5:18 pm

You are parent forever and sometimes it just isnt easy. Heck most things in life worth anything it isnt easy. I am sending you hugs, and I am wish T well. He is a good kid, but still a ‘kid’ I hope he is alright, and calms down and you all come back together apart but strong.

4 Robyn Wright March 5, 2015 at 5:20 pm

Thank you – I know that you know more than many readers since we have known each other online for so long – you are right, he is a good kid. He will get there – I won’t give up, EVER!

5 tannawings March 5, 2015 at 5:30 pm

I just want to find him and give T a hug too. Be kind to yourself tonight. *hugs*

6 Robyn Wright March 5, 2015 at 6:00 pm

As much as T doesn’t do hugs, him knowing that someone cares enough to want to give him one would mean so much. Thank you. I promise I am trying to be kind to myself and take care of me tonight

7 Colleen - amadisonmom March 5, 2015 at 5:19 pm

I don’t really have any words…. but I’m sending more hugs.

8 Robyn Wright March 5, 2015 at 5:20 pm

I will take them @Colleen – amadisonmom:disqus :-)

9 RachelFerrucci March 5, 2015 at 5:28 pm

I’m sorry to say that this is a part of parenting. We have these moments and they totally friggin suck but being a good mom is easy, being a great mom is hard because we have to make these decisions. He’s still young and probably thinking (No he’s thinking) he knows better than you. And as far as you contributing to his problems is a crock. Every one of us can go to a therapists and find something wrong with us or our parents. We are not perfect! I know you personally and know that you are more than a great mom, you gave T love, guidance, and you are an amazing role model. Meanwhile find things for YOU and hubby to do together, no talking about T and then when your ready (if he doesn’t reach out) you can decide how to reach out.
I’m always here for you and I love you and I’m blessed to have you a part of my life.

10 Robyn Wright March 5, 2015 at 5:30 pm

Okay, now YOU are making me cry – but in a good way {{{HUGS}}}}

11 Jacqueline Cromwell March 5, 2015 at 5:39 pm

Oh my friend. There are no words but know that you are loved and I am here for you. We know that having boundaries with our kids is the right thing but they can be just as hard on us as on them. The hope is that he will eventually mature and that day will come sooner by you holding strong. I can’t imagine but at the same time, I can see a day where I am on a similar road with one of mine. *hugs*

12 Robyn Wright March 5, 2015 at 5:52 pm

Thank you Jackie – I miss you! I know that you have been thru so much with your family and I just want to always make sure T knows I really am here to love him!

13 Nicole Morgan March 5, 2015 at 5:40 pm

I have no advice, but just love for you and yours that the sun shines on another day and that time will heal :(

14 Robyn Wright March 5, 2015 at 5:54 pm

I know that you have been going thru rough times too – you are right, the sun will come up and shine and we WILL heal :-)

15 Carol Kemp March 5, 2015 at 5:46 pm

Oh Robin! I am so terribly sorry for you. Yes, I have been there with two of my three. Depression, fear, sorrow, anger are never good but we don’t get to choose do we. Try to stay strong as I do daily. Some days I don’t make it but I keep trying. You are a fabulous person and strong. Hang in there and know I am here to listen when you need.

16 Robyn Wright March 5, 2015 at 5:55 pm

Thank you so much Carol! You are right, we have to keep trying. Some days are harder than others, but as Scarlet said, “tomorrow is another day”

17 Wendy T March 5, 2015 at 5:55 pm

I feel some of your pain. I last spoke to my 18 year old son last April. My last words to him were “I love you”. His last words to me were “no, you don’t”. Like you, my heart is and always will be willing.

I hold on to hope that time might once again be the great healer, while simultaneously being aware that time can also be the enemy. It’s all such a delicate balance but each day we just do the best we can.

Praying for us all, Robyn.

18 Robyn Wright March 5, 2015 at 5:59 pm

I hope you will talk to your son soon Wendy! Your son knows you love him too -mine says “no you don’t” too, but I know it is not true. {{{{HUGS}}}}

19 Whitney March 5, 2015 at 6:00 pm

I sent hugs last night, I send hugs today. I’ll also pray for you Robin, and your entire family.

20 Robyn Wright March 5, 2015 at 6:02 pm

Thank you so much @disqus_IHlxCKhII6:disqus – I happily accept it all!

21 Miss Noni Cavaliere March 5, 2015 at 6:01 pm

Robyn, you’re an amazing woman and doing the best you can. Kids are hard on their parents when we become young adults. Don’t they say “you’re hardest on the ones you love”. My brother was a similar type of young adult. But when my Mom got sick, guess who was there right away, no questions asked. As he ages hopefully he will realize the help you are giving him by making sure he is responsible for his actions. Be the best, caring Mom you can and hopefully he will come around. I wish I was a neighbor, I’d take you for a girls night out. I also give you a real in person hug and a box of Kleenex.

22 Robyn Wright March 5, 2015 at 6:03 pm

You are so sweet Noni! Thank you – I would glady accept the real in person hug and box of Kleenex!

23 blm03 March 5, 2015 at 6:15 pm

oh Robin, all I can do is send your virtual hugs. We’ve said a few extra prayers for your family too.

24 Robyn Wright March 5, 2015 at 6:25 pm

I will gladly accept them all, thank you!

25 Claudia Krusch March 5, 2015 at 6:20 pm

Robyn, My stepson acted just like your son. Much worse, he was lazy and acted like an angel in front of people, which cost a lot of relationships and family members who thought we were jerks…. He left high school, I told him he was not going to stay home and play video games, we paid for college for a year, he failed all subjects….then we convinced him to go to the Navy, he was accepted and started working, but 3 months after being deployed, he was discharged, not even them….well, before he came back, we did the same thing you did, a set of rules, since we needed to ensure he was going to be a good example for my younger one….he replied that he did not agree with the rules and came back to a friend’s house, he escaped in the middle of night from their house and lived in a tent for 3 months…..then, he moved to a place for young people that don’t have a place to live and he’s been there since, working at Starbucks and quit college once, more which was now being paid by the Navy…..I dread seeing him and honestly would never, EVER, think of ever living with him again! I’m telling you a story most people don’t know about me, so you know that you’re not alone, that others have faced the same and that you are understood and loved by somebody who lived the SAME situation. I feel no guilt, no remorse, I pray every day that he will find his path and will grow to fulfill his life purpose. Hugs-Claudia

26 Robyn Wright March 5, 2015 at 6:30 pm

Thank you so much @disqus_dEb8sVbEPK:disqus for sharing your story. Mega {{{{HUGS}}}}

27 Claudia Krusch March 5, 2015 at 6:32 pm

One day we need to meet and talk about it in person! I’ve made peace with it!

28 Jessica @eatsleepbe March 5, 2015 at 6:23 pm

Sending you hugs and mojo. Lots of mojo. You WILL be okay.

29 Robyn Wright March 5, 2015 at 6:25 pm

Mwah! Thank you Jessica!

30 Maggie@SquarePennies March 5, 2015 at 6:34 pm

Sometimes we just have to let them make it on their own even when we see them struggling and hurting. You need the space away from T to keep yourself less stressed. Glad you are talking with a therapist. You are doing the right thing and working through a tough situation the best way. Hugs to you!

31 Robyn Wright March 5, 2015 at 6:42 pm

Mwah! Thanks so much @maggie_squarepennies:disqus!!!!

32 Sara F. Hawkins March 5, 2015 at 6:39 pm

Don’t be hard on yourself, Robyn. If everything you do comes from a place of love, that is most important. Because one day your son will see that love and understand that it comes without strings or conditions. Hugs, my friend. A million hugs!

33 Robyn Wright March 5, 2015 at 6:43 pm

Thank you @saving4someday:disqus – I know you know as a mom it is hard not to be hard on ourselves during tough times like these XOXOXO

34 Judy Davis - The Direction Div March 5, 2015 at 7:30 pm

Big hugs and know I understand and am sending positivity and support. Just keep working on the things you can control and trust that your son loves you!

35 Robyn Wright March 6, 2015 at 1:42 pm

Thank you Judy!

36 southmainmuse March 5, 2015 at 7:36 pm

Oh Robyn. Don’t know you well at all — but we have met. I travelled over here after reading your FB post. The last two years have been very difficult ones for me and our two youngest — whom we adopted as infants. I’m determined to keep my positive outlook on life. I know they will figure out all this unresolved pain they have re adoption — and taking it out on me. It will be painful for a while — but your son will find his way. Just as I know my children will. I’m setting out for Nashville tomorrow. No telling what I’ll find. But I’m staying positive. :)

37 Robyn Wright March 6, 2015 at 1:43 pm

{{{HUGS}}} I am totally with you on keeping a positive outlook on life. It is not always easy, but I think feeling that way helps get us thru the tough times.

38 TheAngelForever March 5, 2015 at 7:44 pm

Robyn you are an amazing woman and I am so sorry for all of the tears. Tough love with those that we love is hard, but sometimes what is needed. Sending more long distance hugs to you until I get to see you in person again.

39 Robyn Wright March 6, 2015 at 1:44 pm

{{{HUGS}}} Thank you! I know you know more details about T from over the years – it is a roller coaster for sure.

40 Rust March 5, 2015 at 7:47 pm

Thank you for this post. Prayers for peace in your life and in your son’s heart.

41 Robyn Wright March 6, 2015 at 1:44 pm

Thank you!

42 trisha mckee March 5, 2015 at 7:58 pm

I know and understand these family dynamics from when i was growing up. ((HUGS)) He loves you, he is just wading through his own “stuff”.

43 Robyn Wright March 6, 2015 at 1:44 pm

I agree – I know he loves me and he will eventually figure out more of his “stuff”

44 mail4rosey March 5, 2015 at 9:01 pm

Saw this in my email subscription and came right over to offer support. As a mom of four, two grown and one almost grown, I know that there can def. be periods of unrest. Wishing you well, sending hugs and a million good thoughts too. And you know the idea of investing in Kleenex stock might be solid…there’s a lot of moms out there who use them from time to time. ;)

45 Robyn Wright March 6, 2015 at 1:45 pm

Thank you! LOL on the Kleenex – you are so right!

46 brendashandmade March 5, 2015 at 9:59 pm

I am so sorry you’re having to go through all of this. Being a parent is a very tough job. You are right that he has to learn some things on his own. I am sending you a hug.

47 Robyn Wright March 6, 2015 at 1:45 pm

Thank you Brenda!

48 SharonGreenthal March 5, 2015 at 10:28 pm

There is sometimes nothing more difficult than doing the right thing for our children, even if it’s not the comfortable thing. He will get it, sooner or later – and in the meantime, you must take care of yourself. I am so sad you won’t be here for BAM, but I’m glad you’re safe and warm at home. HUGS!

49 Robyn Wright March 6, 2015 at 1:46 pm

Thank you Sharon! I may have to write more about this topic for Midlife Blvd – many of us are at the age with teens/young adults. So sad missing BAM too as my travels are my little vacations from all of the stress.

50 pricousins March 5, 2015 at 11:01 pm

Sending positive thoughts and love your way. Being a mom is the hardest job ever.

51 Robyn Wright March 6, 2015 at 1:46 pm

Thank you – I know you have been thru a lot as a parent too.

52 shellypeterson March 6, 2015 at 5:26 am

So sorry to hear your family is going through this. But you have made the right decisions in having him move out, it can be too stressful when they don’t show respect and follow rules. Sometimes our children have to learn the hard way. Things will get better between you two in time. My son and I didn’t always get along while he was growing up and I will be the first to say I was no where close to being the perfect (single) parent. He is now 24 yrs old and I have apologized to him for things and he holds nothing against me and said I helped make him who he is today. Hugs and prayers are sent your way.

53 Robyn Wright March 6, 2015 at 1:47 pm

Thank you Shelly! I’m glad that things are better with you and your son now – I’m just waiting patiently for that to happen here.

54 coupontammy March 6, 2015 at 6:35 am

Oh Robyn I am so sorry you are going through all this pain and stress! I remember when you allowed T to move home. You hoped things would be different this time. I know as a parent that we want to make everything better or easier for our kids. Sometimes they just need to figure things out for themselves. I know my mother had similar problems with my sister. She did always bail her out, “Make things better”. It took my sister until age 40 to finally be able to stand on her own two feet. So in my heart I know you are doing what is right for both T and you and your hubby. At some point we all need to step back and let our kids live their life, so we can also live our life’s. He really does love you. He will one day realize that you did what you thought was best for him. You and your family will be in my thoughts and prayers! Take care of yourself!

55 Robyn Wright March 6, 2015 at 1:48 pm

Thank you Tammy. Yes, I had hoped it would be different when he moved back. I really tried my best to respect T and C but still give them some structure. Such a hard line to walk.

56 Heather March 6, 2015 at 8:13 am

Oh sweetie, thinking of you lots and sending you lots and lots of virtual hugs. I still remember the kind words that you shared with me at the last Type-A i was at and you will always hold a special place in my heart for building me up like that. You have a heart of gold. If you still have my information please feel free to text me at any time or you can always message me if you need an ear of the parent of an older child :)

57 Robyn Wright March 6, 2015 at 1:49 pm

{{{HUGS}}} I still remember seeing you at Type-A and was so happy to see you in such a happy place! That same look I saw on you that day is what I am hoping to see on my son someday too.

58 coupcrazy March 6, 2015 at 9:15 am

So sorry you ate going through this. My mom and I had similar issues when I was that age and I really think that you titled this perfectly, because it WILL be okay. It took some time, but now we are closer than we ever could be. Big hugs being sent your way!

59 Robyn Wright March 6, 2015 at 1:50 pm

So glad things are better for you and your mom. My therapist taught me and Hubby both to say “it will be okay” when things got stressful – she hasn’t been wrong yet!

60 AngelaLilly March 6, 2015 at 10:32 am

wow. this sucks. I am not being flippant. I mean it. This really sucks. I have been reading your blog since your son was a child and watched your struggle with his mental issues and your own and how hard you have worked as a family to try and make things work for him…make things right. I am so sorry to hear that it has come to this, again. I have a nephew who, in the period of three years, has knocked up two girls, gotten married, gotten divorced, lost too many jobs to count, is now engaged to the 2nd pregnant girl, and STILL lives at home with my sis-in-law. I stand back and mentally shake my head and know she is doing him NO favors in constantly cleaning up his messes. But I can’t say that. I don’t have kids, so, in the court of public opinion, I am not entitled to judge her or her parenting. I can’t possibly understand or have good advice for situations I will never find myself in because I chose to be childless. I find this untrue, but I bite my tongue out of respect for her opinion. I watch her mess up her own life and her son’s life. She says she wants to be there for him and wants him to learn, but she isn’t giving him any tools to learn, isn’t making him take any responsibility for his bad decisions. YOU ARE! You are doing the harder and better job as a parent. Your son may be angry with you right now and it may take him a long time to see what you are doing for him. BUT, when he looks back, after he has gotten his sh*t together, he will know it is because of YOU that he made it. I have faith in this. Stay strong and know that you are NOT alone. Not by a long shot. Sending you so much loving, healing, peaceful energies and cyber hugs! xoxo

61 Robyn Wright March 6, 2015 at 1:53 pm

Tearing up reading this again. I totally understand that even though we try not to judge we just do – it’s a people thing. I’m sure it is hard watching your extended family with all of this kind of stuff too. Please just be there to give sis-in-law a hug when she needs it though – it is so hard to see our kids suffer and not want to help them. And you are right – this sucks!

62 AngelaLilly March 11, 2015 at 8:59 am

Yes. There is judgement both ways with me, unfortunately. Being judged and judging. I try so hard not to do this in my daily life with everyone, but it seems so much harder not to do with those you love. I don’t know why that is. I love her and I support her. I keep my thoughts between my partner and myself, because we know it is not our place to interfere. It is hard to sit back and watch the nightmare unfold, as it always inevitably does. But, this is not about me and my problems. This is about you. I just wanted to share my story to show you that I support you and that others are not doing right by their children because it IS easier not to do right. You are choosing the harder path but the right one in my opinion. Sending you much love!!! XOXO

63 Robyn Wright March 11, 2015 at 2:59 pm

{{{HUGS}}}

64 AngelaLilly March 11, 2015 at 3:31 pm

Ditto! :-D

65 ginette4 March 6, 2015 at 12:31 pm

I understand your pain..we also had to move our daughter out as a teenager..she made life so miserable..I believe she is better for it..our relationship (after she stopped hating and started to understand what she was doing) is very positive. I wish you and your family the best…yes you did the right thing..sometimes we have to cut out the stress in our lives…even if it means a family member.

66 Robyn Wright March 6, 2015 at 1:53 pm

Thank you – I’m sorry you had to go thru pain like this too but glad your relationship is better now!

67 ginette4 March 7, 2015 at 12:54 pm

It’s the pains of being a parent..just wanted to let you know that you aren’t alone..no family is perfect..wishing you the best..big hugs to you Robyn.

68 Barb W. March 6, 2015 at 5:28 pm

Sorry to hear this, Robyn. Being a mom is challenging role, but so much more so when you are dealing with a bipolar child, especially when they refuse to take their medication. We have been and continue to be in a similar spot with our (now adult) daughter. You are not alone and it’s so valuable that you are sharing to let others know they are not alone either. I have no answers, my friend, but I certainly have lots of love and hugs to send your way! I’ve learned, no matter how much it hurts, distancing yourself can be a healthy move for everyone involved and no matter how much you think it is, it is not your fault. No parent wishes for this nor causes it, it is an illness and like all illnesses is holistic in nature. While we may positively or negatively contribute, it doesn’t cure the illness. And when the person with the illness refuses appropriate treatment, we are left with no recourse but to pray they find their way and sometimes to make the tough choices. I’m sure you know all of this, but figured it wouldn’t hurt to offer a loving reminder to remember to take care of you and your emotional health, too! Many hugs and prayers for you! Here for you should you need me :)

69 Robyn Wright March 6, 2015 at 5:47 pm

Mwah! It is still good to hear these things even if we still know them. You know I’m sure our brains go to the negative more than the positive – hearing those positive thoughts helps us so much more. Miss you – hope to see you soon!

70 Nicolthe pickle March 7, 2015 at 12:46 pm

I could send you virtual hugs, but I can do something (I think) that would be more helpful. I can and am praying.
“Stuff” sucks, and we all have it.
Women are doers. Maybe you could send him a respect note.

71 Robyn Wright March 11, 2015 at 2:59 pm

72 Nicolthe pickle March 14, 2015 at 6:35 am

How are you today? Are things going better?

73 Sandy Klocinski March 7, 2015 at 1:21 pm

I also had issues with my daughter. From the time she was 16 until she was in her mid twenties were the worst years of my life. Hubby didn’t help because he didn’t know how to be the grown up and that resulted in screaming matches between daughter and husband. She would tell me she hated me and I would say “Well, I’m not too fond of you right now either”, and walk away rather than get into a screaming match. Your son being bipolar and not taking meds is probably contributing to the issue a great deal…I can only tell you one thing…hang in there. My daughter is now 40, married and a stepmother. She went to college (paid for it herself). She has a great career with a major tire manufacturer. I no longer cringe when she calls me because I know that she will only call me if she is in some kind of trouble. I could write a book about those teen/early twenty years but the bottom line is: It WILL get better.

74 Robyn Wright March 11, 2015 at 3:01 pm

Thank you for sharing Sandy. My husband is like your husband, he tries very hard and is working on it, but he struggles being an adult too at times. I cannot wait until that time when the phone rings and I see it’s him and I don’t instantly cringe either – right now I always do. Again, thank you for sharing!

75 Angela saver March 9, 2015 at 1:59 am

Hang in there! It will get better! Just be positive!

76 Robyn Wright March 11, 2015 at 3:01 pm

Thanks Angela!

77 Laurie Strebe March 14, 2015 at 10:25 am

I believe half of being okay with things is “venting”, by either writing, speaking, or actions with other people. I feel a lot of things we just need to get off out chest. Sometimes validation or suggestions help as well as sometimes they may hinder. Best therapy ever is just to vent, even if you just talk to yourself!

78 Robyn Wright March 25, 2015 at 10:49 am

I agree, holding it all just does not help at all. Thank you @lauriestrebe:disqus

79 GlArthy March 15, 2015 at 1:15 am

Robyn, here is where your extended family (we) will surround you with more love and moral support because knowing that you are ok – counts! Keep your strength up my friend, I’ll be praying for you too.

80 Robyn Wright March 25, 2015 at 10:49 am

Thank you so much and I do think of you all as my extended family!

81 Nate March 21, 2015 at 10:17 am

Thanks for sharing

82 Debbie S. March 22, 2015 at 12:23 am

We as Mom’s sometimes have to make tough choices for the best of all our family. You did what you needed to do. Being a Mom is tough and can really hurt. I am sending hugs and prayers for you and your family.
P.S. I do think sharing your story helps going through similar circumstances too.

83 Robyn Wright March 25, 2015 at 10:48 am

84 Dawn Schamp-Monzu March 25, 2015 at 3:10 pm

Oh boy do I understand this! My daughter was 18 or 19 when we went through this terrible “stuff”! Let me just say, the things that she said and did to me literally broke my heart at the time. BUT…just know it WILL get better! My daughter is now 22, she is a Mommy herself, and we are now best friends! After having a baby, she has learned that what I was doing wasn’t just to be mean, it was to protect and love her. It is unbelieveable how close we have become now. She didn’t have bipolar or anything like that, but boy she could be mean and she cut me deep! I can’t blame her for everything, trust me, I had my own “stuff” that I contributed with. I have apologized to her too. Just yesterday she sent me a text that made me cry…in a good way! She said she thanks God for me, and that I have become her best friend. How awesome is that? So hang in there! I promise it will get better for you. God bless you and your family!

85 Robyn Wright March 31, 2015 at 5:01 pm

Thank you – I’m keeping the faith that eventually things will get better. I love him so much and it really hurts a lot right now. I’m so glad to hear things have improved so much with you and your daughter!