Best Way to Get To Know Windows 10 – Super Easy Tutorial!

by Robyn Wright on August 18, 2015

in Tech

Finding the Windows 10 Get Started App - TUTORIAL - RobynsOnlineWorld.com

If you have recently upgraded to Windows 10 (disclosure: I am part of the Microsoft Blogger team and receive perks as such but opinions are completely my own) I have a great resource for you to learn a little more about the new operating system and the new browser, Microsoft Edge. It is built right into the system for you even. I stumbled across this the other day and decided to check it out and I was very impressed.

The app is called “Get Started”. To launch it, go to the new Start button, I have that circled in yellow at the bottom left of the image. Click that to launch the menu which will look somewhat like the image above. Now you may find Get Started already pinned on your menu like it is on my image above (the top yellow circle), but if not you can find it by clicking on All apps (circled in green above). Once the list opens you can scroll to the “G” section or click on any letter to bring up alphabet and then click “G”. There you will find it listed, shown below. Click on it to open the app.

Get Started app in the All Apps Menu - RobynsOnlineWorld.com

Once the app opens there will be a video on the right and a menu of sections of the left. My suggestion is to watch all 4 of the videos to get started. They are all pretty short but incredibly informative. Even if you are pretty geeky like me you will learn a few things, I promise! Just click the play arrow in the center of the screen – I pointed to it with a big yellow arrow in the image below. After the first video finishes it will queue up the next for you or you can use the menu at the top center of the screen to go to any of the 4 videos you want.

Opening screenshot of the Windows 10 Get Started app - RobynsOnlineWorld.com

Again, these are really well done videos and they will help you get the most out of Windows 10. Once you watch the videos you can click on the other menu items on the left of the screen to explore all the other areas. I would suggest exploring Cortana and getting her all set up, she is amazing!

Did you watch the videos? Tell me something you learned. Was this post helpful for you?

© 2015, Robyn Wright. All rights reserved.

1 Robin August 19, 2015 at 7:20 am

I have not yet upgraded, but it’s good to know that the tutorial videos are there. I always need help adjusting to new tech systems.

2 Robyn Wright August 31, 2015 at 2:29 pm

What OS are you using now @rkosully22:disqus? Now I know I really love all of the Windows OS’s, but I really do love Windows 10 more than I have some of the past updates!

3 shellypeterson August 29, 2015 at 4:46 pm

I haven’t upgraded to windows 10 yet. but this will be good to refer to when I do. Thanks for sharing this, I can always use help when it comes to this kind of stuff.

4 Robyn Wright August 31, 2015 at 2:29 pm

Definitely, Windows just keeps getting easier and easier!

5 Lisa Brown August 30, 2015 at 5:24 am

I have not upgraded (not sure at this time if I want to since there are issues with it). It is not a difficult version, it looks like it is, but it is not. I don’t know why Windows did not keep the name of Internet Explorer, would have caused less confusion. We are creatures of habit and in the computer world, many hate name changes. I like Windows 7 and will keep it until I am just not able to.

6 Robyn Wright August 31, 2015 at 2:30 pm

I promise that Windows 10 is better than Windows 7! I’m not sure about the name change for the browser either, but I am using Edge as my default and I like it better than Internet Explorer.

7 steve weber September 3, 2015 at 1:20 am

I upgraded on both my work and home computers – just so happy the start button is back!

8 Robyn Wright September 4, 2015 at 3:30 pm

You aren’t alone, so many people wanted that start button back!

9 Elena September 4, 2015 at 3:25 pm

I have not upgraded. I am using Windows 8 right now.

10 Robyn Wright September 4, 2015 at 3:30 pm

I would encourage you to upgrade, Windows 10 is awesome!

11 Natalie September 11, 2015 at 6:48 am

This is a very helpful tutorial! I am about to upgrade to Windows 10.

12 Bo Simms September 11, 2015 at 9:00 am

Thank you for the tutorial, I learned some key steps so when I install windows 10 I will be sure to start with the “get started” feature. Thank you.

13 pricousins September 17, 2015 at 10:03 am

I haven’t upgraded yet but I am excited to! I use Cortana on my phone all the time though!

14 Natalie October 11, 2015 at 2:10 pm

I think that any new system will take a while to get used too. These videos are helpful though

15 Tiffany C October 29, 2015 at 9:16 am

I have to go through this tutorial! I like how there’s videos to show you how to get the best out of Windows 10. Thanks for the steps to teach me!

16 Robyn Wright November 1, 2015 at 5:37 pm

You’re welcome @disqus_gdodTaIHV5:disqus, let me know if there any questions I can help with

17 salexis November 18, 2015 at 4:11 pm

I have upgraded at home about 2 weeks ago… still trying to find my way around the changes… Thanks for the info, a tutorial would be indeed very useful! Good to know I’m not alone trying to figure this all out!

18 Robyn Wright November 19, 2015 at 4:56 pm

It always takes a bit of time to adjust. but the changes are tremendously good!