Domestic Violence is NOT Okay!

by Robyn Wright on September 2, 2015

Domestic Violence Is NEVER okay!  RobynsOnlineWorld.com

I’m not going to go into details today, but this was not me personally, but I just wanted to remind everyone that….

DOMESTIC VIOLENCE IS NOT OKAY

It is not okay for your partner to hit you, slap you, punch you or anything like that at all. EVER! I don’t care if you did something wrong even, it is still not okay!

YOU ARE WORTHY OF BEING TREATED NICELY!

Again, no matter what you did not do or what you did do, you do not deserve to be physically abused by your partner! It is never okay! It is never justified!

One of the best things I love about Verizon is their commitment to the Verizon Hopeline which is their group to help victims of domestic violence and to help with grants for those who are victims and those groups helping victims. While I am sharing about Verizon and am an ambassador for them, my reasons for sharing this information today is purely personal. I don’t want to see any woman, child, or man be a victim of domestic violence! Please do not feel ashamed that you cannot ask for help – help is here for you!

If you need help please contact the National Domestic Violence Hotline by dialing 1-800-799-SAFE or #HOPE from your Verizon Wireless phone.

Robyn is a #VZWBuzz Lifestyle Blogger

© 2015, Robyn Wright. All rights reserved.

1 Robin September 3, 2015 at 6:46 am

Oh, this is heartbreaking. I am tweeting your post to help share the info.

2 Robyn Wright September 5, 2015 at 5:04 pm

Thank you for sharing @rkosully22:disqus

3 sandra September 3, 2015 at 9:16 am

definitely not something one should put up with

4 Robyn Wright September 5, 2015 at 5:04 pm

Agreed, and that is exactly what I told the victim in this case!

5 Natalie September 13, 2015 at 5:39 am

I have known a lot of women who were victims of domestic violence. Never okay.

6 tannawings September 17, 2015 at 12:37 am

I have alwaays liked how Verizon participates in this program. A cellphone or communication can mae the difference.

7 shellypeterson September 23, 2015 at 11:07 am

This is a great topic to talk about and bring more awareness to. Like you said domestic violence is never okay! Glad to know that Verizon has committed in helping and has their Verizon Hopeline.

8 Robyn Wright September 26, 2015 at 10:38 am

Thanks @shellypeterson:disqus

9 salexis November 21, 2015 at 3:29 pm

It is definitely not okay. At all. In any way. Ever. I actually left an abusive relation, it was extremely hard. Now I’m a single mom and very very happy to be safe – and to demonstrate and role model for my children – that I deserve safety and respect and so do they :)

10 Robyn Wright November 22, 2015 at 5:22 pm

I’m so glad you were able to get out of the abusive relationship! You are right, you are being a wonderful role model for your kids!

11 SheilaV November 28, 2015 at 4:24 pm

Anger management is a course I think should be taught in public and private schools. I think that would be a good start to reducing domestic violence in our nation. But having been there, done that and have known many other people in these circumstances, I can truthfully say that anger management classes and counseling are not enough for many abusers, as control and abuse that repeatedly occur are signs of deeper psychological and perhaps physical problems. Psychosis or being sensitive to foodstuffs like caffeine or some medications, are just an example of underlying factors behind abuse. But don’t ever make an excuse for the abuser’s actions or think it is going to stop or “get better”. Just grab your kids, leave your stuff behind and get out without telling the abuser you are leaving, or ending the relationship. If you say something, you won’t get ahead, but you could be dead…seriously. Even abusers see themselves as “victims” if you leave or take the kids, or see your leaving as an attack or “controlling their world”. Thank God for Domestic Abuse Hotline phone numbers.

12 SheilaV November 28, 2015 at 4:25 pm

Anger management is a course I think should be taught in public and private schools. I think that would be a good start to reducing domestic violence in our nation. But having been there, done that and having known many other people in these circumstances, I can truthfully say that anger management classes and counseling are not enough for many abusers, as control and abuse that repeatedly occur are signs of deeper psychological and perhaps physical problems. Psychosis or being sensitive to foodstuffs like caffeine or some medications, are just an example of underlying factors behind abuse. But don’t ever make an excuse for the abuser’s actions or think it is going to stop or “get better”. Just grab your kids, leave your stuff behind and get out without telling the abuser you are leaving, or ending the relationship. If you say something, you won’t get ahead, but you could be dead…seriously. Even abusers see themselves as “victims” if you leave or take the kids, or see your leaving as an attack or “controlling their world”. Thank God for Domestic Abuse Hotline phone numbers.