T-Shirt and Underwear Basics

by Robyn Wright on September 28, 2015

While most have bought the kids new clothes for school this fall, one thing people often forget are the new underwear and t-shirts. The brand I buy for Hubby and T is Fruit of the Loom. They recently sent some free samples of boxers and t-shirts for T and that made him very happy! It made me happy too because you know us moms always say to wear clean underwear in case your in an accident!

Fruit of the Loom

Right now you can find special packs of Fruit of the Loom items at really good prices. Stock up while you can save a little money at the same time. I’m not sure what kids and teen do, other than growing quickly, but they seem to go thru t-shirts and underwear fast!

Don’t forget about t-shirts of gym class too. Most of the kids need a certain color and Fruit of the Loom has tons of them. The boys are pretty stinky in the tween and teen years and they often forget to bring the gym clothes home to be washed – yikes! I suggest buying several t-shirts so you have enough for the entire school year.

Fruit of the Loom Short Sleeve T-ShirtFruit of the Loom Long Sleeve T-ShirtFruit of the Loom T-Shirt Bonus Pack
Spirit days and other special days are big in schools now too so get both short sleeve and long sleeve tees in various color so you are ready when your kids tell you the morning of a special day that they need say an orange t-shirt!

Fruit of the Loom Bikini Bonus Pack Fruit of the Loom Girls Underwear ColorsFruit of the Loom Boxer Brief Bonus Pack
They have lots of choices of underwear too. Boxers, briefs, and boxer briefs for the boys in white and colors and patterns. For the girls they have briefs, hipsters, and even boy short panties now and again in lots of colors and patterns.

Target and Walmart are both carrying this special value packs. Both in adult sizes (for the teens) and kid sizes.

I also found these two great images on how to either fold your tees or roll them – take your choice! Teach the kids how to do this too so they can help with putting away their own laundry. Click on the images for larger views.

How to fold a t-shirt perfectly      How to roll a t-shirt perfectly
Have you stocked up on t-shirt and underwear basics yet this fall? Are your kids as picky about them as my son always was?

© 2015, Robyn Wright. All rights reserved.

1 shellypeterson September 28, 2015 at 9:09 pm

When I did BTS shopping I did stock up on under clothes. But it seems like we are always needing more socks. I usually buy Fruit Of The Loom, luckily my son isn’t picky when it comes to under clothes. Thanks for sharing the diagrams, I found it’s easier for my son to roll his shirts so that what we do.

2 tannawings September 29, 2015 at 1:16 am

Hubby iis a sock freak- he loves brand new socks. I think that comes from getting socks for Christmas from his Grandmother. Who knows… it may be some wierd thing, but he always wants new ones. I like Fruit of the Loom I buy the multipacks. I also like the brandd for womens things too.

3 Lisa Brown September 29, 2015 at 4:25 am

I have a husband who is always buying socks. What is it with men and socks? Bag after bag, arrive at the house. Sometimes, I think he’s going to open his own sock store. Myself, I always neglect buying socks, until I desperately need them and am looking for the matching pair that has disappeared. T-shirts, there seems to always be enough of. I do like the Fruit of the Loom brand. I have a few nice bras from that brand that I really liked and, of course, they discontinued :)

4 Natalie September 29, 2015 at 6:39 am

I buy fruit of the loom socks and underwear all the time. I go through socks very quickly and lose them, so I tend to buy more affordable socks.

5 Robin September 29, 2015 at 6:49 am

Fruit of the Loom is a good brand, and I always buy socks & underwear at Target (except when I occasionally go to Victoria’s Secret for myself)!

6 Kristen September 30, 2015 at 2:47 am

Are they the ones that make tagless underthings? I want to try those.

7 Elena October 2, 2015 at 10:48 am

I like Fruit of the Loom because this brand is affordable

8 Natalie October 6, 2015 at 10:43 am

I am in serious need of new underwear and socks. Fruit of the loom is a very affordable option!

9 Tiffany C November 15, 2015 at 10:10 pm

Dds love basics with patterns on them, so I try to find ones with animals, or cartoons! I just got a whole bunch socks at Target at $1 a pop! I got myself some too! Hubby has worn the fruit of the loom vnecks before and he thinks they are quite comfortable! I think I will try out their underwear when mine start fraying.

10 salexis November 26, 2015 at 1:11 pm

I love Fruit of the Loom – their fabrics are so soft and comfy. My kids are really picky about the feel of their clothes, so fruit of the loom works very well for them!