St. Louis Sunday: Oktoberfest Events

by Robyn Wright on September 27, 2015

in St. Louis

oktoberfest

Fall is here and it is time to hit the Oktoberfest festivals! The St. Louis area has a rich German heritage, I’m half German myself, and so there is no lack of Oktoberfests to attend. I’m actually a little late in posting about these and have realized that many of them already occurred – in September – what’s up with that?

• Soulard Oktoberfest
    October 9-11
    St. Louis, MO
    $5 general admission – but admission is free if you wear lederhosen!
    Lots of music throughout the event, plenty of beer and food, plus some fun competitions like a brat eating content, bar maid competition and more.
  • St. Michael’s Octoberfest
    October 3-4
    Staunton, IL
    Even tho I’m not religious, I love the idea of the Polka Mass they have at this event – how fun is that? Music of course, and a performance by Serengeti Steve and all of his critters. Lots of other fun and of course, a wine garden and beer tent.
  • Hermann Oktoberfest
    All 4 weekends in October
    Hermann, MO
    There are a number of different events happening throughout the city each weekend. Some are free to attend, others have an admission. Check out the full schedule to see what interests you.

Do you attend any Oktoberfest events in your area? Please feel free to share info about them in the comments!

Things to do in St. Louis, Missouri | RobynsOnlineWorld.com

© 2015, Robyn Wright. All rights reserved.

1 Kitty September 27, 2015 at 8:00 pm

Oktoberfest starts in September in Germany. :-) For future reference, our German Cultural Society had ours the weekend of the 12th, Belleville’s was last weekend, St. Charles and Anheuser Busch had them this weekend. Ballpark Village is having one next Saturday (we’ll be dancing there). :-)

2 shellypeterson September 27, 2015 at 8:32 pm

I am a little bit German myself, My grandmother is half. I have not joined any Oktoberfest celebrations. But as a kid we would always travel to Odessa, Wa (which is about 75 miles from where I live) for the Deutschesfest. I have not been in so long and would love to take my kids there someday. We have family that lived there and it was always so much fun.

3 Kristen September 27, 2015 at 10:15 pm

They do have Oktoberfest events nearby, but I’ve never been. Maybe this is the year. Right now we’re still trying to pretend it’s still summer (even though we REALLY need some rain!!) and the weather is still summer-like, so we can!

4 tannawings September 28, 2015 at 1:05 am

I really like Ocotberfest events. The best one is in Cedar Rapids and its very nostalgic and old fashioned. I love the acrivities and all of the good food.

5 Lisa Brown September 28, 2015 at 5:43 am

You are so lucky to have Oktoberfest events. Where I live…nothing.

6 Robin September 28, 2015 at 7:19 am

Folklore Brewing & Meadery, a local brewery, is hosting “Folktoberfest” events this week. German-style bratwurst & sauerkraut will be served with the beer!

7 Natalie September 28, 2015 at 7:23 am

I have never participated in Oktoberfest events before but these sound like fun!

8 Karen Goodman September 28, 2015 at 7:43 am

There was a time when I never missed Octoberfest in Hermann. But for me, with age comes less of a desire to go to big drunken festivals. I’m more likely to find the small winery that isn’t having an event and go there.

9 Elena September 30, 2015 at 7:08 am

Sounds like a fun event. We have a few Octoberfest events in our area

10 Kristen October 7, 2015 at 11:55 pm

Yes, Polka Mass does sound fun! :)

11 Tiffany C October 13, 2015 at 8:26 am

I didn’t know you were 1/2 German! My neighbors are German, I’ll have to ask them if they know about any fun Oktoberfests around the area, I’ve never been to one! They sound fun!