Hosting a holiday gathering does not mean you have to have a full sit down dinner. Instead try making lots of small bites and having a buffet where your guests can help themselves. This is actually much easier for the host as well because you can prepare so much ahead of time and then enjoy the party with your guests. Today I’ve got some delicous cheesy recipes and ideas for you all to include at your upcoming holiday party thanks to Jarlsberg cheese and Family Features! Plus be sure to check out the Jarlsberg Cheese giveaway on their Facebook page!
Get your party planning started with these tips:
- Keep dishes simple and put the focus on quality ingredients, such as naturally lactose and gluten free Jarlsberg cheese. Best known for the classic wedge available in original and smoked flavors, Jarlsberg cheese offers a mild, mellow, nutty and delicious taste that is perfect for any cheese board and pairing with meats of your choice.
- Give traditional vegetable sides a special boost to make them party perfect. Basic asparagus gets a fresh twist with this Asparagus Tart, which blends savory Jarlsberg brand cheese and a pastry for a pretty presentation you can cut into squares before serving.
- Plan your menu with the clock in mind. Choose foods that will taste great for the duration of your party without drying out or loosing flavor, such as this Tomato Gratin.
- Keep cold dishes chilled by setting the serving bowl inside a larger bowl filled with ice (add some flair by tinting the ice or adding decorative accents).
- Use burners to keep the heat on warm dishes, or simply rotate in fresh batches periodically.
I so love asparagus and this is a great way to prepare for a party. Make the tart ahead of time and cut into bite sized pieces to put out on the table. If your party is big, make 2 or more, you can put one out whole so everyone can see how pretty it is and serve one cut up next to it. When the cut up one disappears go ahead and cut up the other one for your guests.
When I was young I thought I did not like whole tomatoes. I was so wrong! It is just all about the preparation. For this recipe I opt to use Roma tomatoes which are a bit smaller. You could also use cherry tomatoes for even smaller bites! Be sure to serve some crusty bread right along these tomatoes too.
Mashed potatoes are my favorite food on the planet. My grandma made the best ones ever! Adding cheesy to mashed potatoes makes them even better. People don’t think of mashed potatoes for buffets or small plates, but they are actually such a favorite of everyone that they really are a great choice. You can serve this whole as dish or plate up onto small plates or spoons as well.
Platters featuring savory finger foods are a flavorful and easy solution for holiday entertaining. Simply assemble ingredients, such as those listed below, on a large wooden or slate board and serve. Get creative by adding fig spreads, fresh fruit or other nibbles you enjoy, and don’t forget the toothpicks and napkins. Be sure to take the cheese out of the refrigerator at least an hour before serving to ensure that it is room temperature to bring out the ideal flavor. Never serve cheese cold.
- Wedge or cubed Jarlsberg cheese
- Assortment of whole grain crackers and crusty bread slices
- Italian Genoa salami, coppa or your favorite charcuterie meats
- Assorted olives, nuts and dried or fresh fruits
Are you planning a holiday party? What kinds of foods will you serve? Which is your favorite recipe from above?[signoff] #12946
Source: Jarlsberg Cheese
© 2015, Robyn Wright. All rights reserved.